advice please, lump in or near submandibular gland.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone i was hoping if anyone could shead some light on this for me,

as it is making me quite anxious.

I have been to the doctors today but they seem quite baffled. I have a lump in or near my submandibular gland. It is around the size of a walnut, and it very hard almost feels like bone, and is immobile. It feels attatched to the jaw bone. Ive had this now for around 5 week. I am a smoker and smoke 20 a day. It feels a bit tender if i touch it, but apart from that feeling no pain at all, at any time, and i have no dental pain, or pain while eating. It doesnt come and go its there constantly and i think it may be growing but at a very slow pace. I am 22 and female, I must admit to trying to do some research on the net best i can, and the thought of it been a cancerous tumour scares me, as cancer runs in both sides of my family, and sometimes its easy to put 2+2 together and make 5. I just dont like the not knowing.

I've been refered to hospital to have a xray and scan, what kind of scan im not sure, the doctor was quite vague. Im just waiting for an appointment to come through the post.

I know its hard to give a answer, because it could be a number of things. I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and what the outcome was, or what i am to expect next.

I would be really grateful for any replies and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind Regards

Bex

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello

i saw this and i have the exact same problam mine is the sise of a walnut and appeard 4 days ago im not sure what it is may be swollen salivery gland which is a blokage of calcium (stones) so if you get this plese write back im not a smoker but its very odd how it appeared its really sensitive and hard feels like a bone i agree hope to hear from you soon.

• Posted

I also have a lump, either on the side of the gland or it is the gland. I would say it's the size of an almond very movable but it is scaring the hell out of me...did u ever figure out what yours was?
    • Posted

Hi hope you don't mind I am new to this I seem to have the same as you! I had an ultrasound on Monday and the doctor told me he couldn't see anything and not to worry but it is very hard not to when you can feel something on the outside as well as when swallowing. Have you had any tests done this is driving me mad.
  • Posted

Hi guest. My ENT doc did an MRI and found I had multiple stones. I had the exact same symptoms. By the time the found them, I had to get both of my saliva glands removed. Please follow up on this with your doctor 
    • Posted

how are you doing? hope ok... i have the same thing as this lady but working to see a ENT now

• Posted

Hi, did you get this resolved? I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment and I'm a little worried.

• Posted

how are you doing? i have this same happen to me recently and scared

• Posted

did you figure out what this was how are you doing? I have the same thing and scared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.