Skip to content

Salivary Gland Disorders

Also known as Parotid Gland Disorders

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Reoccurring scar tissue on submandibular gland

After on and off swelling of my lower left jaw (under my chin) I was referred to an ENT who did an ultrasound, saw no stone but saw that scar tissue had built up at the opening of the saliva gland. Doc also saw that I was tongue-tied and said that caused the scar tissue. So a month ago I had surgery...

Posted
  • Ent

For some time now have been feeling like I constantly want to clear my throat and feel like something is stuck in my throat

Last reply
  • Anyone else had a Salty mouth?

Hi, I’m hoping that someone can help me please. I’ve been searching on Google, visited my Doctor, visited my Dentist too but nobody has any answers. My Doctor said he wasn’t worried about my symptom which is all very well.......but he’s not the one with the problem, and I am worried (unfortunately) !!...

Posted
  • Dry mouth

Hey, anybody else suffer with dry mouth ? Seeing the dentist next week but really do not no what it causing it! Had blood tests done, all clear. Any ideas so take the irrating and frustration away from having this condition ? Riuining me life.

Last reply
  • Parotid gland swelling

Hi All, Request your help on my symptoms please. 1. Bilateral swelling(right side is larger than the left) 2. No pain at all 3. Sour saliva many times a day (sometimes continuously for 2-3 mins) 4. Goes down when I drink water and comes back. 5. No fever or no other symptoms, no pain, no difficulty...

Last reply
  • No saliva ... dental care issues.

Hi - I recently had a Parotid gland and a saliva gland removed on one side of my face due to cancer. Getting radiation as well which will ensure there will be no saliva on that side of my mouth. Extreme bone dry mouth when waking up or exercising. Heard that tooth decay etc. could happen due to the...

Posted
  • Swollen side of tongue

I currently have a sinus infection and woke up with what seems like a swollen salivary gland? Basically the back side  of the tongue, where the lingual lymph nodes would be, is so swollen the flesh is coming up over my teeth...it’s the underside of the tongue of that makes sense. It’s slightly painful....

Posted
  • Submandibular gland removal

I have today had my follow up at max facial regarding my gland and they say the only options now are to keep massaging the salivary gland when I have infections or to remove it. They say removal will be better as eventually it will stop working now anyway. I had a stone which I removed myself and now...

Last reply
  • Dry mouth

Anybody suffer with dry mouth ? I have had blood tests and scans and all ok! I have issues with my nose so guessing it is with me breathing through my mouth and not my nose when I sleep! Am fighting the NHS to carry out a operation on my nose but there starting to frustrate me, any tips on how to make...

Last reply
  • Lumpy!

i had my right submandibular gland excised two weeks ago. The wound has healed perfectly, but there is still apparently a lump around the site of the wound. I keep asking my wife if the lump is getting smaller, but I am not convinced that it is. I keep thinking that the lump is another tumour, perhaps...

Last reply
  • Numbness remains after surgery

How long should I expect numbness after surgery to remove a tumor in my left parotid gland? Numbness of my ear and sections, of my face and neck, this will be week 6. Thanks

Last reply
  • Still have dry mouth 2 weeks after submandibular gland removal...

Hello all, Just over 2 weeks ago I had my right submandibular gland removed due to chronic sialadenitis (infection of the gland). Before I had it removed, I had dry mouth for a few weeks previous along with pain and swelling. But now I am 2 weeks post op and my mouth is still so dry. Why is this when...

Posted
  • Sharing experience with salivary stone in the submandibular gland

Hello, I wanted to share my recent experience with a salivary stone in the submandibular gland. I will say my experience with these stones was fustrating and painful.  Although it can be excurcitingly painful, there is often no quick solution to it. The first time I experience the problem was about...

Last reply
  • Salivary Gland Cancer

Hello- I am new to this group. Came across it while doing some searching of parotid and salivary gland issues. In October 2015 I was diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma, aka Salivary Gland Cancer. It started with a lump under my right ear. Soar throat....scratchy voice (like I was getting a cold but...

Last reply
  • What is the beige sandy grit in mouth?

I have had salty thick mucus, after having dry mouth for moths.  Is this the stones from my salivary glands that started?  I just saw a post that said grit is stones.  Please help!!! I have been drinking a lot of fluid also ate the lemons The grit is a stone  I was scared when I saw...

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux and Blood in Saliva almost daily

In 1995/1996, All this started with vomiting feeling, ache or burning pain in your abdomen. Abdominal pain that's worse when your stomach is empty, Nausea, Loss of appetite, frequent burping, Bloating. Unintentional weight loss. Diagnosed with H Pylori and treated but the symptoms of H Pylori continued....

Last reply
  • Blood in saliva

For 2 months I have had blood present in mouth when I wake. I had a chest X ray, gastroscopy, scope from ENT doctor and dental checkup with no cause found. My doctor is not concerned. If I spit now, it will be clear but after spitting around 4 or 5 times, it starts coming through as blood. I'm worried...

Last reply
  • Hard swelling under incision after submandibular gland removal

Hi everyone, 4 days ago I had my right submandibular gland removed due to an infection in it and subsequent swelling that would not go down. After the surgery, I was in extreme pain for about 36 hours, somewhat at the incision site but mainly in my throat, which I think was due to the breathing tube...

Last reply
  • swollen submandibular gland

My submandibular gland became sore and swollen about 5 days ago. My dentist gave me a antibiotic and that didn't help. I was up for like 4 nights straight not sleeping well and the gland very sore. I went into the clinic and the Doc just said it's a swollen gland. He gave me Ibruprophin ...

Last reply
  • Feeling too much concern

I usually have no problem of bloody saliva earlier but in past 2 week I do observe in the morning only after waking up at regular basis..I have no any medical history related to any type of health concerning factor....i have little blood came in night only when I Dont have taken rest for long hour .yet...

Posted
  • What the heck is under my tongue

There's a swelling or cyst or growth under my tongue it just keeps getting bigger. It's been there over a year. First doctor said it was a mucocele 2nd doctor didn't say anything and refered me to a oral &maxillofacial surgeon. The surgeon didn't know what it was and refered me to...

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph nodes and Tinnitus

Hi Guys, I am desperate to find out what is wrong with my wife, doctors do not seem to know.  My wife has been ill for around 10 weeks with tonsillitis, severe headaches, bacterial infection in legs. severe tinnitus and very bad swollen lymph nodes in the neck.  After seeing 3 different...

Last reply
  • Is this a stone or something else? Please help

Hi guys. I'm an 18 year old male, and a while back I noticed a small pimple shaped thing where my saliva comes out under my tongue. I thought nothing of it. Then I looked more into what causes those bumps and it is possibly a stone. I went to the dentist and he said he couldn't feel anything...

Last reply
  • Tongue burning

When I wake up in the morning sometimes. I have this burning sensation on my tongue and then my saliva glands start to swell. Has anyone experience this?

Posted
  • I have suffered from this for 3 years .

I suffer from the same problem that people already raised. First mucus was wrapped up on my throat and it was not dropped up from me when I tried and it prevented me from sleep, after several months it disappeared and get back to me again.My left side chest ache me more around my heart it burn me especially...

Posted
  • Paralysis of lower mouth after saliva gland surgery?

Hi, I may have to get an operation to remove my saliva gland just under my jaw line because I have a  tumour on it. I have been warned that I might paralyse my lower lip and tounge and around that area because you have a nerve running right near where they need to operate. I just wanted to know...

Last reply
  • Swallowing Issues

Hey, so Saturday night, after two glasses of chocolate milk, I started producing a significant amount of saliva and I swallowed, like usual, but I began to also feel like I am swallowing air bubbles when I do so. It’s not the first time I’ve done this and I thought it would go away on its own once I...

Posted
  • Swollen submandibular glands are annoying

For the past four months or so I have had a minor swelling of these glands. Not big enough to notice from the outside, but enough where I feel pressure on my throat and on bad days it's enough to make speaking a little difficult. I have been told to suck on sour candies, use a hot compress, and to...

Posted
  • blood from salivary duct

I have had an inflamed submandicular gland on the left side for months. Two weeks ago blood started coming out of my parotid gland on the right side. I have slight swelling in the cheek and neck below the ear. CT scan and ultrasound showed no stones or cysts. Doctor and dentist are confused. They have...

Last reply
  • Pink Saliva

Hi. I am male 74 yrs old. For some time now I have been concerned with pink saliva. Anytime of day. I find myself coughing to create saliva just to check. It worries me. It is daily but not all the time during the day. Sometimes my saliva is clear for a few hours, then suddenly for a short while it is...

Posted
  • I’ve had mouth and teeth pain for 2 weeks

About 2 weeks my bottom front teeth began to feel numb . I immediately called my dentist - she took X-rays and did oral exam and seen nothing and was told I could be clenching my down on my teeth or tmj. I had a mouth guard made .. this has not helped . I went to ER and was told it was my sinuses was...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.