Skip to content

Salivary Gland Disorders

Also known as Parotid Gland Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Submandibular Gland Removal

Hi Everyone - hoping someone can help!  I have stones blocking my saliva flow from my gland. I am currently on a waitlist to have the submandibular gland removed. I understand the complications such as swelling and temporary and potentially permanent nerve damage. I am getting married in 2 …

Last reply
  • Hard swelling under incision after submandibular gland removal

Hi everyone, 4 days ago I had my right submandibular gland removed due to an infection in it and subsequent swelling that would not go down. After the surgery, I was in extreme pain for about 36 hours, somewhat at the incision site but mainly in my throat, which I think was due to the breathing …

Last reply
  • Parotid gland swelling

Hi All, Request your help on my symptoms please. 1. Bilateral swelling(right side is larger than the left) 2. No pain at all 3. Sour saliva many times a day (sometimes continuously for 2-3 mins) 4. Goes down when I drink water and comes back. 5. No fever or no other symptoms, no pain, no …

Last reply
  • Bilateral swollen parotid glans for months

I am suffering from bilateral swollen parotid glands for months.     I don’t have pain but definitely don’t feel like myself.   Lots of headaches and intermittent pain by my ear.   The doctor wants to wait 3 months before doing any test.   Anything experience anything like …

Posted
  • Parotid gland tumour removal

I went to the doctors about 3 years ago with a lump in front of my right ear, the doctor said it was a tumour and i went for a scan and they confirmed it was just a fatty lump. It has since grown a little bit and i want it removed cos its making me paronoid. Its about the size of 2 50ps now going …

Last reply
  • Saliva gland

As any one had lumps in the gland if so was the gland removed ? How was things after your surgery was everything as should be ?

Last reply
  • POLYMYOSITIS and Sjogren's Syndrome

I have been diagnosis with both. I don't know what is happening to me. I have dry mouth than during day a sticky mucus. I thought it came with what I had. Then I had a small lump show up on my left side of face. I thought it was a pimple It drains a sticky mucus.  I had it removed 2x times …

Posted
  • Excess salivation ( hypersalivation)

Please help ! I have been suffering from excess saliva from past one month and it’s very annoying to the extent I don’t feel like talking to anyone . The saliva is very watery and comes from tip of my tongue same as you would salivate when you eat sour . It’s not that much that I drool but enough …

Last reply
  • Hubby up on 26 July 2018

Hi My hubby went to GP a year ago as he could feel a lump in his neck. She couldn't feel it and Sent him for blood tests which she said were ok. He had to see a plastic surgeon about something else and he could feel it and referred him for an ultrasound. They said it was an inflamed saliva …

Posted
  • Saliva gland removal

Hi everyone I am now on here and going in for surgery next Thursday to have my saliva gland removed i went to my GP last year after feeling a lump under the skin on my neck but she failed to find it , I had to see a plastic surgeon for a small op on my arm and asked if she could feel it yes she …

Posted
  • Saliva

Hi. Following a lower left surgical removal of a wisdom tooth  i developed an abscess on my jaw opposite the extraction site. After several weeks of draining and antibiotics I was left with the following symptoms.   My saliva on my lower left side has become excessive with what feels …

Posted
  • Had Parotid gland removed. Suffering from Saliva Leakage

Has anyone had leakage as well? I'm going on 8 weeks. Its a social stigma. Large bump on cheek.The doctor has not tried any procedures yet. He has drained it a few times and it fills right up when I eat a meal. I don't trust him now and I done 't want him to repeat the procedure to take …

Posted
  • Submandibular gland removal - 10 Days

Hi all, 10 days ago had my left submandibular gland removed. Surgery went well, I woke up with all related nerves in action hmd. I left hospital 2 days after with antibiotics and pain killers. I was getting better day after day. Incision healing well. On day 8, I had sharp pain along my jaw and on …

Last reply
  • Radiotherapy and tooth extraction

I have had successful radiotherapy treatment for a tumour on my left side parotid gland. Unfortunately I now need dental treatment but have been told this is not to be recommended because the radiotherapy interferes with the healing process.   Has anyone on the forum had a similar problem.

Posted
  • Pain under tongue on floor of mouth after submandibular removal

Hi  I had my right submandibular gland removed two and half weeks ago and all seems to be healing well. However, I now have a hard lump under my tongue on floor of mouth on that side, near the back of my teeth and wondered if anyone had experienced the same? Where the gland was it very hard …

Posted
  • Submandibular gland removal

Hi I had my right submandibular gland removed a week ago and all seems to be healing well. I have noticed that the area where my gland was, above the incision is now really hard.  Has anyone else had the same thing? Thanks

Last reply
  • Ent

For some time now have been feeling like I constantly want to clear my throat and feel like something is stuck in my throat

Last reply
  • Submandibular gland removal

I have today had my follow up at max facial regarding my gland and they say the only options now are to keep massaging the salivary gland when I have infections or to remove it. They say removal will be better as eventually it will stop working now anyway. I had a stone which I removed myself and …

Last reply
  • Numbness remains after surgery

How long should I expect numbness after surgery to remove a tumor in my left parotid gland? Numbness of my ear and sections, of my face and neck, this will be week 6. Thanks

Last reply
  • Help

Ok so a couple days ago I woke up with a swollen tonsils only on one side brushed it off thought it was nothing it finally went away yesterday but last night I noticed my jaw was hurting really bad and found a marble sized ball right underneath my jawline and a smaller one right on my jawbone I can …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like parotid tumor or just anxiety

Hi all, So let me first say I get pretty bad anxiety whenever something is wrong in my mouth as a did use chewing tobacco for 5 years. I am 22 and had jaw pain in my right joint (forget the actual) but it started on my left parotid gland. At first I thought it was jaw muscle, but now I’m more …

Last reply
  • Dry mouth

Hey, anybody else suffer with dry mouth ? Seeing the dentist next week but really do not no what it causing it! Had blood tests done, all clear. Any ideas so take the irrating and frustration away from having this condition ? Riuining me life.

Last reply
  • Parotid gland mass

I have been dealing with swelling in my face and down into my neck along with severe ear stabbing pain for 3 months now. Been to numerous doctors and they all were saying TMJ except the pain clinic said I had something else going o n and to have Dr check out my log nodes. He recommended an …

Last reply
  • Submandibular gland removed a year ago... Why is there still pain?

It was in May of 2016 when it all started... I was having a piece of candy when I felt my entire left side of neck swell up. I (obviously) freaked out but I ended up convincing myself that it might've been a bug bite (I know, what kind of logic is that?) Anyway... The swelling went away that …

Last reply
  • Salivary gland problem

I had my submandibular salivary gland removed two weeks ago , any ideas on how long this swelling will Last ? I am so swollen under chin on neck and on side of neck 

Last reply
  • Blood in saliva

For 2 months I have had blood present in mouth when I wake. I had a chest X ray, gastroscopy, scope from ENT doctor and dental checkup with no cause found. My doctor is not concerned. If I spit now, it will be clear but after spitting around 4 or 5 times, it starts coming through as blood. I'm …

Last reply
  • Submandibular Salivary Gland removed

Hi , I had my submandibular salivary gland removed 2 weeks ago, I have considerable swelling under my chin on my neck and on the side , any thoughts or know when that might go away ? I also have a long scar , trying to get use to this new look .

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph nodes and Tinnitus

Hi Guys, I am desperate to find out what is wrong with my wife, doctors do not seem to know.  My wife has been ill for around 10 weeks with tonsillitis, severe headaches, bacterial infection in legs. severe tinnitus and very bad swollen lymph nodes in the neck.  After seeing 3 …

Last reply
  • Reoccurring scar tissue on submandibular gland

After on and off swelling of my lower left jaw (under my chin) I was referred to an ENT who did an ultrasound, saw no stone but saw that scar tissue had built up at the opening of the saliva gland. Doc also saw that I was tongue-tied and said that caused the scar tissue. So a month ago I had …

Posted
  • Anyone else had a Salty mouth?

Hi, I’m hoping that someone can help me please. I’ve been searching on Google, visited my Doctor, visited my Dentist too but nobody has any answers. My Doctor said he wasn’t worried about my symptom which is all very well.......but he’s not the one with the problem, and I am worried (unfortunately) …

Posted
  • No saliva ... dental care issues.

Hi - I recently had a Parotid gland and a saliva gland removed on one side of my face due to cancer. Getting radiation as well which will ensure there will be no saliva on that side of my mouth. Extreme bone dry mouth when waking up or exercising. Heard that tooth decay etc. could happen due to …

Posted
  • Swollen side of tongue

I currently have a sinus infection and woke up with what seems like a swollen salivary gland? Basically the back side  of the tongue, where the lingual lymph nodes would be, is so swollen the flesh is coming up over my teeth...it’s the underside of the tongue of that makes sense. It’s slightly …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.