Skip to content
Ad

Salivary Gland Disorders

Also known as Parotid Gland Disorders

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Salivary Gland Cancer

Hello- I am new to this group. Came across it while doing some searching of parotid and salivary gland issues. In October 2015 I was diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma, aka Salivary Gland Cancer. It started with a lump under my right ear. Soar throat....scratchy voice (like I was getting a cold but...

Last reply
  • Blood in saliva

For 2 months I have had blood present in mouth when I wake. I had a chest X ray, gastroscopy, scope from ENT doctor and dental checkup with no cause found. My doctor is not concerned. If I spit now, it will be clear but after spitting around 4 or 5 times, it starts coming through as blood. I'm worried...

Last reply
  • Submanbular gland removal 5 weeks on

Hi my submanbular gland was removed 5 weeks ago but I am still swelling up when I eat and drink which is very painful.  I have been back to the consultant who removed it but he does not know why it is still swelling.  I have been given antibiotic for 1 week whilst I wait for ultra sound.  Has...

Last reply
  • Numbness remains after surgery

How long should I expect numbness after surgery to remove a tumor in my left parotid gland? Numbness of my ear and sections, of my face and neck, this will be week 6. Thanks

Last reply
  • second opinion

My enlarged parotid gland, i am told, is benign but I have been attending ENT now for over two years and want this unsightly lump removed.   The hospital have hinted that this would be a cosmetic operation which could lnot be funded by the NHS.  Is it reasonable for me to get a second opinion?...

Last reply
  • Jaw pain and small bump on jaw line reoccurring

I get pain in my ear, then my Jaw and recently it's giving me bad headaches. The next day my lower jaw will swell on that side and I'll get what looks like a pimple. Then after being in pain severa days in my jaw it willl go away. I've gone to a ent, dentist, oral surgeon and dermatologist...

Posted
  • submandibular stone is making my teeth ache

Hi every one, I have had this problem with stones for a couple of months now and its no fun. Been to the hospital for sialogram, waited two weeks for the results to be told that everything is normal, but I can see the stone under my tongue which feels like it wants to come out on its own. I have tried...

Last reply
  • Parotid benign tumor surgeon in Massachusetts

Hi,  I see a lot of discussion here and people have gone through challenging situations, hence I thought I can ask for some recommendation here. I am diagnosed with pleomorphic adenoma (benign tumor)  which is sufficiently big, though not obviously visible (right side).  However, it is...

Last reply
  • Lumpy!

i had my right submandibular gland excised two weeks ago. The wound has healed perfectly, but there is still apparently a lump around the site of the wound. I keep asking my wife if the lump is getting smaller, but I am not convinced that it is. I keep thinking that the lump is another tumour, perhaps...

Posted
  • Soreness

i had my right submandibular gland removed 11 days ago, and the wound has healed perfectly. The area around the wound is not hot to touch, red or oozing pus. howveve the area is raised and a little sore to touch. I ma due to have a follow up appointment with my consultant in five or six days time, the...

Last reply
  • trapped salivary gland (apparently) - its not gone down in a week

I have had swollen glands for over a week but the left one is particularly large - they both move when i push them and they are not sore - the doc say they are trapped salivary gland and has given me antibiotics and steroids for a week - would i still have saliva? my mouth isnt dry?  wouldnt they...

Last reply
  • Swelling on gland

Please can someone help i have a swollen sublingual gland on the right side under my tongue.Does anyone know what this could be?thank you.

Posted
  • What is this swelling please help

Ive had this swelling on the floor of my mouth for a while it hasnt got any bigger any idea what it is ive been to dentist a month ago and they didnt notice it.i did try to take a picture but dont know how to add it on here.i take bisoporol and warfarin.

Last reply
  • White skin/bump under tongue

After eating food which involved sweet chillie, a white bump appeared under but not on my tongue. 24hrs later the bump has gone but what is left is a white flap of skin... no pain either. How do i upload a picture?

Posted
  • Submandibular gland removal

I have today had my follow up at max facial regarding my gland and they say the only options now are to keep massaging the salivary gland when I have infections or to remove it. They say removal will be better as eventually it will stop working now anyway. I had a stone which I removed myself and now...

Last reply
  • Bumps on floor of mouth

The salivary gland on my right side seem a bit swollen compared to the left but as far as im aware it has always been like this?has anyone else got this and is it normal?Also what should the floor of the mouth feel like?thank you

Posted
  • blocked salivary gland

i first had a problem in december 2005, everytime i ate my gland would swell i also found at the bottom of my mouth was swollen and a white spot was formed. I went to the doctor who thought it may be a trapped saliva gland and told me to suck lemons etc to unblock it, in about a week a white substance...

Last reply
  • Sharing experience with salivary stone in the submandibular gland

Hello, I wanted to share my recent experience with a salivary stone in the submandibular gland. I will say my experience with these stones was fustrating and painful.  Although it can be excurcitingly painful, there is often no quick solution to it. The first time I experience the problem was about...

Last reply
  • Reaccuring parotid tumor

Hi my name is Ashley, I'm 26 years old. 1 year ago I found a lump underneath my left ear (parotid gland) ended up being benign. Now 6 months after surgery i have another mass, but on the right side and this time infront of the ear. It is painful akd radiates pain into my jaw/temple. I had a CT SCAN...

Last reply
  • parotid cancer in lymph node?

After an accidental discovery of a cancerous lymph node next to my thyroid, my endocrinologist told me she was referring me to an ENT dr. She said he had said that it looked like the cancerous node "had dropped down from the parotid gland", which I had to look up. Now I'm extremely paranoid...

Last reply
  • advice please, lump in or near submandibular gland.

Hi everyone i was hoping if anyone could shead some light on this for me, as it is making me quite anxious. I have been to the doctors today but they seem quite baffled. I have a lump in or near my submandibular gland. It is around the size of a walnut, and it very hard almost feels like bone, and is...

Last reply
  • Salivary gland stone with pain but no swelling?

Hello, I am new to the group and have been reading some of the discussions on here as I am looking for help with some pain and other symptoms I have been having. I have been running fevers and having the pain on the right side of my face next to my ear and under my jaw. I also have a dull pain in my...

Posted
  • Salivary gland stone with pain but no swelling?

Hello, I am new to the group and have been reading some of the discussions on here as I am looking for help with some pain and other symptoms I have been having. I have been running fevers and having the pain on the right side of my face next to my ear and under my jaw. I also have a dull pain in...

Posted
  • Salivary glands clogged?

I've has a salty taste in my mouth for months now and EVERY Dr says 'I dunno why'!!! My left jaw feels odd and when I'm moving around it seems to get worse! Can a salivary gland stay plugged for months with NO swelling? I'm at a loss as to what this is! ENT says it's not my...

Posted
  • Parotid gland swelling

Hi All, Request your help on my symptoms please. 1. Bilateral swelling(right side is larger than the left) 2. No pain at all 3. Sour saliva many times a day (sometimes continuously for 2-3 mins) 4. Goes down when I drink water and comes back. 5. No fever or no other symptoms, no pain, no difficulty...

Last reply
  • Complications after submandibular removal?

Hi all, im new on here and wondering if anybody could help me out. When i was a child i developed swelling in my right submandibular gland, the doctor i saw had said it was probably scar tissue from glandular fever i had suffered earlier that year. Apart from being slightly enlarged it was not painful...

Last reply
  • Swollen submental node, swelling left cheek /neck

ive had swelling on my left cheek for 3 months, went to the doctor and they said it was parities gave me antibiotics which did nothing, had an ultrasound which found a reactive submental gland of 15 mm, had sed rate, reactive creating,Ana and ray blood test all came back normal, had CBC normal, went...

Last reply
  • Paratoid unknown type tumor

Hello All, I'm recently diagnosed with Deep Lobe Paratoid tumor. I had FNA which came back inconclusive and then a CT which did not show the tumor. The MRI showed the deep lobe tumor. Which shoes it is encapsulated. Surgery scheduled for December 6. I'm 41 year old never smoker. I'm terrified...

Last reply
  • Surgery

I just had surgery, was wondering if anyone had problems with their ear being swollen and hard and filling plugged?

Last reply
  • Submandibular Gland Surgery - Not Straight Forward

Hi, I had surgery to rempove my left submandibular saliva gland under general anesthetic a month ago. Shortly after leaving the recovery room to go back to the ward, the artery in my neck burst and I was rushed back in for emergency surgery to repair it. I was unconcious and intubated for 14hrs before...

Last reply
  • Lymph or salivary gland swelling

I have been suffering from pain and swelling in my chin, jaw and cheek areas for about 3 years now. To explain it, it feels like my teeth, chin and cheeks are in a vise grip from all directions.  Now for the past 6-8 months  I am noticing that I have swelling and tenderness as well. ...

Last reply
  • Unpleasent saliva smell

I have endured bad breath for a number of years, and I am certain it is created from my saliva. It may be as a result of certain foods or drink I take. Has anyone experienced the same problem, and do they know of a food or drink that causes it and which should be avoided.

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.