Paratoid cancer and re occurring cyst. Need advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

Last year i finally got around to having the lump that was growing behind my ear checked out by my ENT. i had done several tests and scans and all seemed fine, so the dr did an in office procedure attempt to remove the cyst. A few months later it came back and he tried again. it was at that time he realized how deep it was and dangerous due to facial nerves. we decided to monitor after that. Not too long after, it re appeared . We scheduled an outpatient surgery and removed what we thought was all of it. found out soon after I had low grade cancer of paratoid gland . my oncologist did not want to do radiation because it appeared they got it all. i have done several test and scans since then and no cancer.

fast forward to today, cyst is back and big. have to have another surgery but its risky

my concern- how many times do i need surgery to remove this cyst! it seems it keeps coming back and its frustrating. has anyone else experiences this? should i be doing something different?

TIA

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.