Latest salivary stone removal procedures?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone. Way back in 2002 a salivary stone formed in and infected my submandibular gland under my tongue. My ENT drained it and treated me with antibiotics for the infection. It is still there but has been growing over the years. I’ve had minimal issues with it, minor pain here and there but I would massage and press on it and feel the saliva squirting out, no infections since then. It’s bigger than a tooth now and it is time for it to go but I would like it to be as minimally invasive as possible of course.

I read back in the early 2000s Europe was experimenting with shock wave therapy and it looked promising but I haven’t seen much about that since then. And I have been searching for a Doc that does it and found no one. So, I’m in the Philadelphia suburbs and would like to know if anyone can recommend a Doctor(s) who are up on the latest procedures? Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.