Advice please needed ASAP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been taking 225 mg Effexor X-R for 4 weeks now and the last 2 days my anxiety has been increasing terribly needing advice pleases 😩

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been on 75 for 5. Weeks and moved up to 112.5 almost 3 weeks ago. The recovery is so gradual. I finally feel the anxiety is lessened but I still have bad days after a run of good ones. Every time I feel like I am not going to go backwards I have a day with anxiety/depression. Stick with it I no how hard this is. I have Klonipin in case the anxiety gets really bad.  I have a really hard time during Xmas time since one of my daughters died. So the past couple of days have been tough . Stick with it and I am here if you need to talk

• Posted

Thanks lynne sorry to hear about your daughter. I feel sometimes it’s 2 steps forward and 3 back. I’m trying to be strong and positive for my kids and keep trying to reassure myself it will take time.
  • Posted

Dawn

Things will even out soon for you. It does take time. I’m 9 weeks on 112 mg’s and I experience the odd bad day still. You have to think positive that you will get better. Stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

I am 3 weeks on 112.50. Yesterday and today have been having some anxiety /depression but was feeling pretty good before that. Did you have blips early on, on this dose. I am improving, how do you know when to go up again.
  • Posted

Hi Dawn. I have been up and down on this med. the best way to know if you need to be upped is having a chat with your Doctor. Like I said I have been on 112 for 9 weeks and still have crappy days. Does take awhile for the full effects but I’m confident this dosage will be the one for me to stay at.....
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment John, I have been on 112.5 for 3 weeks now and do see real improvement. Some days I feel like my old self. I too will carry on at this dose for a while longer. Sometimes I think it shouldn’t be taking this long, but when I look back to how I felt when I started on this drug in late September I see a vast improvement.
    • Posted

Hi John was wondering how you are doing? I’m back to not being able to stay at home myself with kids. Feeling overwhelmed with everything and can’t be bothered doing anything and anxiety is returning. Feel like a failure being like this. 
    • Posted

Hi Dawn. I’m going through a blip but hopefully it will end soon. Absolutely hate feeling like this. Dont feel like a failure D. Its just another bad time and this is a long process to recovery. Think positive. Things will get better. Its a new year!!!!!  And a Happy New Year to you. 
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, 

I have had a rough patch of anxiety this morning myself and had a rough night sleeping. I have been feeling good most days and then regress. I know how hard it is. Trying to work myself up to go to the gym. It’s been really frigid here in Vermont for the past week, with temps below zero. When I get the anxiety spells I find that exercise or doing a guided mediation brings me back to the present. Did you start venlafaxine at a low dose and gradually go up? I was on 37.5 for 3 weeks, then 75 for 5 weeks, and it will be 4 weeks at 112.5 on Wednesday. It can take up to 12 weeks to fully kick in they say before you see a therapeutic benefit. Have you talked to your prescribing doctor to get some reassurance. I am going to stay on this dose a while longer. I am seeing my NP on the 9th and will see if I should go up again. I have Klonipin but have been able to talk myself down when the bursts of anxiety come on. You are not a failure and it will get better. I still do get anxiety for a short period most days. Maybe the stress from the holiday season has keyed you up. I know it has for me. I also use a light box in the winter to help with the grey days of winter. We will get through this.

• Posted

Good advice Lynn. Holiday season is hard for ppl like us. Hopefully more sunshine is on the horizon for all of us that are going through some rough times. 
    • Posted

Happy new year John thanks for replying. I’m trying but finding functioning at the moment is taking a lot my gorgeous kids are keeping me going and their antics can also give me a wee giggle I’m trying to get out for walks ect more as I used to be in the gym 3x a week but the last 4-5 months iv not been going. I hope you feel better soon positive thoughts and plenty fresh air I think take care
    • Posted

Hi lynne I was on venlafaxine 150mg and then changed on to sertraline due to weight gain but I ended up really bad with anxiety I couldn’t eat sleep look after kids ect so my own gp told me to taper down and get back on venlafaxine I started on 75mg for 1 week then 150mg for 4 weeks then I got really weepy and anxiety returned so dr upped me to 225mg iv been on this dose for 6 weeks and for the last 2 weeks have felt irritable and anxious the least wee thing is making me cranky iv been telling myself it’s just build up to Xmas I’m having vivid dreams again and sweating really bad it’s like I have side effects again. I hope your anxiety calms down soon thanks for replying lynne it’s good to know I’m not the only person in the world with this horrible feeling sometimes I’m so glad I found this website as I feel my family don’t truly understand how hard it is.
    • Posted

Holiday to Florida this year so I need to be better it’s for my 10th wedding anniversary as we married out there and the kids are so excited so yes John More sunshine 🌞 and chilling out times ahead 

• Posted

Hi Dawn. A holiday might do you some good. I know its helped me. I try to exercise every day. I’m on 112 mg’s of Ven. Been on that going on 12 weeks. So i’m gonna give it afew more weeks and hopefully I will feel better. Gonna go for more acupuncture. I found that helps. Things will get better for us. Just takes time!!!!!
    • Posted

Hope everyone is feeling better I hope no news is good news. I have been on 112.5 for 5 weeks today and have turned the corner. Sleeping much better and engaging in life again. Still going to therapy but feeling normal most days is great
    • Posted

Hi Lyn Need some help , stopped effexor last June because i felt better, by August i had a massive relapse, since August my Gp has been slowly increasing my dose, now day 16 at 225mg, and still feel very shaky and anxious, although i think it has helped my mood, i use Diazapam to help when needed, any advice would be a greta help
    • Posted

Hi pink dove, I started Effexsor in late September at 37.5 then moved up to 75 four weeks later, I was improving a lot during this time, but still having some issues,so moved up to 112.5 on December 6,. I have been on this dose for just six weeks now yesterday and was feeling like my old self till last Friday when the anxiety started to inch back. I have had a couple of vivid dreams which woke me up during the night and a slight headache this week. I don’t know if it’s side effects or what. I am going to call my NP today for advise. Did you see steady improvement on your lower doses? What dose were you on when Effexsor worked the last time? They say it can take up to 8 weeks on a new dose? I seem to be slipping back this week and don’t know if this is usual ? Did this happen to you. I have Klonopin but have not needed them for a while till this week. 

• Posted

Hi Lynn my worry is that i have increased doses to fasy, yes i was getting slight improvement on the lower doses, and stayed on them about 5 weeks, last time i was on 150mg, and felt great ot doen to 75mg, and stayed there a couple of years, and did great on that, now it's been 4 weeks today on 225mg and i feel like a zombie, shaky and anxiety is still there, having to use diazapm every day, and yes i have a not bad day, followed by a bad one, like today, just wonder if the dose is too high, how are you doing now ?

• Posted

I just called my Nurse Practicianer today .i have moved up on venlafaxine too was on 37.5 for a month then 75 for 6 weeks improved even more then  up to 112.5 and after 5 weeks felt so much better. Hardly any anxiety. Then week 6 was up and down so I thought I should move up. NP raised me to 150 for a week. My anxiety is through the roof wake up sweating and palpitations. I feel like my body is vibrating. And been taking Klonipin again. Today I woke up and only took 112. I am supposed to travel in mid February on a cruise I hope I can go. Please keep in touch
    • Posted

Doctor told me to go back down to 112. I’ll see her on Tuesday
    • Posted

Hi Lynne I was like this it has now been 12 weeks and I feel really good I'm on 225mg but the anxiety get worse before better my Dr also included pregablin which has been great for the anxiety I hope you feel better soon keep in touch I also used diazepam 2mg when I really needed to. Saw my gp today and she said she didn't know how I managed to hold o 2 jobs 2 kids and a house when I was really bad bit said I look great now and what a difference it has made to me xx

• Posted

I just talked to my NP and after a week on 150 my anxiety spiraled out of control and my body was vibrating. I was feeling really good on 112.5 for 5 weeks, and then the 6th week I was up and down. I went up to 150 because I got scared back down to 112.5 need to give it more time then 6 weeks
    • Posted

I would Lynne they said 6 weeks for me and o had some rough weeks up till about 9 weeks then I noticed that the good days were more than the bad feel like I can function now I get the sweats and pains in my throat some times but I use the breathing and body scan when this happens x
    • Posted

Thanks Dawn the anxiety is a killer and it makes you so scared. It’s good to know you can have bad weeks up to nine weeks and gradually improve again.
    • Posted

Hi dawn

I’ve been on 225mg Venlafaxine now for 4 weeks, I was doing well having a few off days but that was it. I was off work for 7 months due to relapse and now I decided to go back this week. Monday and today my anxiety and nerves rose so much had to take a diazepam. I just don’t no why tho I just want to feel relaxed at work and the thought of doing anything like work/holidays/ or social events anxiety raises 😢. Any help? 

• Posted

Did you ever have raising thoughts or feel like tears or anger were right at the surface and want to scream in private in your car?
    • Posted

Dawn did you get discouraged about getting well. I am back down at 112.5 it is the 5th day, 150 was way to strong for me. I was feeling great for about a week 3 weeks ago then the anxiety came back Does this some times happen. Was on 112.5 for 6 weeks before I raised for 1 week to 150. Is it possible the really good feelings will come back again.
    • Posted

Hi Tom with relapse it takes a bit longer to recover again apparently. I know it's hard but I started with phased return to work so maybe smaller hours to start and try not to think about everything your doing before your doing it as you over think it causing anxiety I just try to keep my mind clear and focused on what I'm doing there and then and I use a body scan relaxation app which I find helpful hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Hi Lynne it is possible it took me to week 12 to feel more like my self and have more good days than bad stick with it and I don't recommend an increase again until it's been a full 12 weeks as these meds take a long time to work to full effect. I spoke with my nurse the other day and she says I will be on my dose for at least 9-12 months without decrease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.