Advice please - on holiday with Bronchiectasis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,  Happy to say I don't suffer with B but my 79 year old mum does bless her.  She's stable with all her meds at the moment and I'm taking her to the Isle of Wight in August.  I'm waiting on a call back from her consultant in regard to my question but thought I would ask you experts too.  Would it be ok for her to stop her nebuliser meds for 4 days?  If not, that's fine.  I thought it worth asking before I have to ring round finding accommodation with sash windows for the exhaust venting.  She stayed with me for 3 weeks and used the cat flap!  Many thanks, Cate smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

oh do not know answer to that but thought maybe not, look forward to seeing what answer in.  All i can say is i hope you both have a wonderful time will do you both the world of good.  I want to take my husband to Dorset as he wants to go to Monkey World but get a bit scared because of his health, nthen it is finding all the right accomadation etc etc.  But hope you two enjoy your holiday
    • Posted

Aw thanks Jeannie, really nice of you.  Mum has a cousin there so we will visit her as well.  Monkey World is excellent - definitely worth a visit.  I'm taking my boys to Tankfest at Bovington this weekend (Tank Museum) which is great watching all the tanks thundering along.
    • Posted

Oh my husband Joe would love the tankfest at Bovington he loves things like that, he had a drive of one in Germany many years ago a friend in the army arranged it, have a good visit
  • Posted

Dear Catherine

the users of the site are sufferers of B and will probably be reluctant to suggest what might be best in your mother's individual circumstances. They are better placed to know what works best for them. The general advice, for almost any medical condition, is not to change anything without sound medical advice. I know you are waiting for that advice. Meanwhile I hope you enjoy your holiday

• Posted

Hi Catherine....I would never go anywhere for long without my Nebulizer...I even bought me an extra one for when I go to friends houses and need to use it...you just never know when you are going to need it....at her age she might need it...better to be safe than sorry....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.