Advice please - possible Trigeminal Neuraligia caused by wisdom tooth...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I need some advice please. I have on and off been getting back infections in my lower right wisdom tooth. Last year the dentist said to leave it and if it continues to bother me, maybe get it removed. For about 6 months now, I started noticing pain on the top of my head (right side) when I touch this area, or brush my hair or wash my hair, it causes a sharp pain shooting down into my face (jaw area). I also get sharp shooting pains in my head randomly too. I never put two and two together until I went back to the dentist this week and I told them I would like to get my wisdom tooth removed. She did an x-ray and told me my tooth is very close to my nerve which if removed could cause nerve damage.

After doing some research, I am thinking my tooth may already be touching my Trigeminal nerve and this could be causing these sharp pains in my head/face. 

Although my pain doesn't seem as severe as other people with Trigeminal Neuralgia, it does cause me to hold my head in pain until it passes. 

Did anyone else have this problem? I am afraid if I get the surgery to remove the tooth, it will cause even more nerve damage.

Thanks,

Clare

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had that pain when I laid down to sleep. Kept me awake for 3 days. I would search youtube for hours trying to find what worked for other people. Try Turmeric 800 mg. It's a spice but you can get it in a capsule. (Puritans pride buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 3 free) It takes pain away for 12-14 hours at a time. It's all natural. No side effects. It didn't work for me at night though so I took Carbamazapine 400 mg (perscription from Neurologist) at night. There is a lot of different remedies to get rid of the pain.

Some one on the web site suggested acupuncture. I was so desperate to get rid of the pain I did try it. After 2

treatments the pain was gone. Sometimes it takes up to 10 treatments. 

I wish you the b est of luck & hope you get relief soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.