Advice please undiagnosed vertigo/menieres

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering from severe attacks of vertigo, pretty much projectile vomiting, light headed and weary. Oh don't forget the ringing ears! Culminating on Christmas day, with me bouncing off the corridor walls and falling down the stairs. I spent the rest of Christmas day in bed. I feel so guilty. It's been going on for about 2yrs now and (I think) it started with an ear infection. I'm being treated for menieres BUT I've been told I don't have it!? On the bad days I can't care for my child. I've had all the tests...tried a variety of meds with little luck. Is there anyone else without a diagnosis? What do you do? My family is emigrating and I will have no help with the little one when they go I'm petrified about it! How do others cope with these symptoms and kids?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Marianna, So sorry to hear of your troubles. If they have done typical testing for all other causes of vertigo then most likely its meniere's, this is typically how the determine meniere's, when no other causes are identified Meniere's does not have a specific test for determination. Most of the time it is a rule out procedure, and some doctors shy away from this diagnosis. They don't want to end up involved in a disability claim. The SSA Bluebook recognizes meniere's as disease that can disable an individual and if meet certain criteria you can be found disabled. 

Bertman 

• Posted

Have you been seen by ENT/ Auralphysiologists, had an MRI to exclude other causes, balance tests ets to exclude BPPV? What medication are you taking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.