Advice please...weaning of tablets.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been on 10mg since January and I know I’ll get mixed reviews here as to why I would want to stop taking them. However I’m now in a great place(yes probably due to the tablets) and I’m in the right frame of mind to want to start coming of them. I have also done a CBT course so I’ve learnt a lot of coping methods along the way. I just want people’s  advice as to how to come off the tablets, doctor has told me to do 5mg for 2 weeks then after take it every other day and so on. I’m just wondering if that is too quick to drop after 2 weeks. Any advice or experiences would be massively appreciated. X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What is the name of the antidepressants??

Did you had any sidde effects?

• Posted

Hi Hilda I’m on citalopram and I had the whole package when it came to side affects.
    • Posted

I was on Velantafaxine 75mg for 7 weeks and the changed to Escitalopram (lexapro) 10mg and i haved experienced all the scariest sidde effects ever for my anxiaty and depersonalization
    • Posted

Is that due to the change or because your on a way lower dose? I’m sorry to hear the side affects have been awful for you. 
    • Posted

I really dont now i am thinking of going off the antidepressants it seems like they are making me feel worse and not working for me
  • Posted

Hey Nicky! I came off mine all together without weaning off the meds however I had only been taking them for almost three weeks. Hope you’re well x
    • Posted

Hi belle, how do you feel after coming off them, I know you struggled at the beginning. Do you feel overall better? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.