Advice pleeease

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I've been on citalopram for a year now 6 months on 10mg and then 20mg since May. This week I've had a virus and a heavy period (tmi sorry!) and it feels like I've gone right back to the beginning 😢 I'm shaking and crying most of the time and have that end of the world is nigh feeling on waking. Has anyone else relapsed after all this time? I'm wondering whether to up my dosage, I'm so scared and miserable which is sooo hard after feeling so well xxx any advice welcome, thank you xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marf

No don't up your dose, you're just having a blip.  It can happen, and of course when you have one it feel worse than ever - probably isn't, just that you've forgotten what it feels like.  6 months - your body is still a tad delicate, so having a virus and a heavy period has just cause your body to react as it knows best at the moment.

Sometimes things happen that can cause a blip, and its usually because your body is out of sorts.  So I suspect all this has caused this.

Just let this blip be there and try and relax towards it.  Tensing up against it just makes it last longer.  It will go in time though - remind yourself that it WILL go, you've dont it before and this is only because your body isn't feeling too good and is just doing what it knows best.

I had the occasional blip even a year after recovering, and even after that too.  You won't always get them - they will eventually be a thing of the past.

Go with the flow - it'll pass.

K x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your lovely reply xx you're so right, but when you're in the thick of it you can't see it xxx I'm so desperate to feel well again it's harsh when the blip comes xxx much love 💕

• Posted

That's exactly what happens - when you've had periods of being well you can see clearly and feel on top of everything, but when you're back down in that hole again you quickly forget all that good and can only think negatively and can't see anything anymore.  Its there - this is just another blip and is part of recovery.  Expect them.

I've been there many times and felt exactly like you.  But as you recover from your virus and the heavy period has passed you'll bounce right back again.

K xx wink

• Posted

Blood test shows I'm massively low in iron so now taking supplements. I'm so grateful for your lovely comments, this is no fun as you well know but to have someone who knows so much is amazing xxx thank you xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.