Advice/Questions/Open Discussion

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone! Im 23F, I was diagnosed with HSV2 with a swab in May 2018. I knew something was wrong and my obgyn tried to brush me off and say it was an ingrown but i insisted on a swab, got my positive result 3 days later. I went through all the motions & felt like my life was over. Flash forward to now, & 2 normal relationships (with one positive one negative) I've had maybe 3 outbreaks including my first initial outbreak and nothing was like my first one. I think everyones first one is so bad bc we're also dealing with the realization of the situation as well as it settling in our bodies. I always considered myself so lucky but this outbreak im having now is humbling me. I have one sore, it broke over before i even realized it was there and its so painful i cant imagine anyone getting a cluster. Burning and tingling as well as a little stinging when peeing. I just got over the flu so im assuming thats what triggered me. Im taking my antivirals for 3 days in hopes that it'll help but nothing so far. Just applying vaseline to keep it moist bc it keeps sticking to my panties if not. So im basically here to ask whats some of your remedies? what helps you when you have sores? what helps your outbreaks? i know everyone is different but what i see a lot on this forum is people freaking out about potentially having herpes and posting pics wanted some help from us or just something to ease their mind, but what about us positives? i just wanted to start this forum to have an open discussion & hopefully someone gets something useful out of it! How are your dating lives going? Anyone dating someone positive or negative? How about having kids after diagnoses? Im excited to hear back from some of you! ❤

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi! im awaiting my results, i'm also 23F. i am so scared to have sex without knowing if i have HSV2.. have you ever transmitted it to your boyfrjend? thats like my big question for people.. my biggest fear is passing it to someone.. im so sad

• Posted

hey, the waiting is the worst! but just know that regardless of the results it doesnt change you. i have not transmitted it, me and my ex boyfriend who was negative used condoms and even using the condoms was my decision he didnt mind if we didnt use them. Please know that this wont stop your life. You will date and you will love still and it may take some time for you to get back to your old self because but youll be okay

• Posted

Hi! I am diagnosed with type 1 genitally which is "different" but not really. I had a boyfriend at the time of diagnosis and though he was freaked at first I told him to do his research and he was able to see how little this can impact your life. We were able to joke some about it and it became okay. We even stuck to unprotected sex (his idea). I am single now which is daunting but wouldn't you want to be with somebody that wants you still despite this? In my opinion someone that decides you're not worth it is someone I would not want in my life. So, really, you can look at this as an opportunity to weed out the ones that aren't worth it and end up with someone really great that truly loves all of you. And worst case you give it to them ( so unlikely with the right precautions), but if they knew the risks you haven't done anything wrong, and a good man will understand this. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Exactly, i actually ended up in a bad relationship because we were both HSV2 positive and i felt like we had to be together because we shared it and thats not the case at all. Having HSV2 has taught me so much. Thank you for sharing 😃

• Posted

Yes, never settle!! Glad you're able to have a good attitude about it as well:)

• Posted

Not that we know of! But it is possible either he unknowingly had it and gave it to me or I gave it to him at some point and he is asymptomatic. He has never shown symptoms so has never been tested, which is why I can't say 100% that he doesn't have it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.