Advice re pain management

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello,

I am new to forum. I have neuropathic pain in my feet and now part of leg. Occurred post cortisone injections pre surgery to treat ligament damage caused by an accident. Unable to have surgery now due to pain condition.

To date have tried Topiramate, lidocaine patches, pregabalin, amitriptyline, codeine, tramadol and celicoxib as anti inflammatory. Currently taking duloxetine, 60mg of codeine 4 times a day, lidocaine and celicoxib.

Was discharged by hospital pain team after a very upsetting appt where was not even asked about my symptoms and told there was nothing else that could be done. I am still relatively young and rapidly losing faith in medical profession.

Any ideas what I can do. I am still only able to work part time, cannot stand/walk for long periods and average 3-4 hours sleep at night if I am lucky-sometimes I go to work on no sleep. Any suggestions re what I can do treatment wise and anything to help manage pain at night. Not mad keen to try gabapentin as heard it can make you really drowsy which would not be great for my work. Tramadol did nothing.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone had experience of pulsed radiofrequency on a nerve?
    • Posted

yes I have. Doctor laughed.In my feet when the water is on
    • Posted

When in kitchen I feel nerves in my feet tingling.    Water. ,motor from frig....I don't know either

• Posted

I've been battling for 15 years hun and I'm now on gabapentin which I find does ease the pain a bit

• Posted

I had Cemo treatments 28 years ago had problems with my legs after that the last two years has been the worst thay hurt every day and now looking at back surgery I have bulging disc and spinous and more my leg jade been given out on me thought is was from nurapathy but it's the pinched nerves have had to quit working and there ar day I just don't want to get up from not sleeping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.