Advice regarding useof medicine deflazacort 6 mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I Have Diabetes. and have bloodpresure I have been operateted for open Heart surgery in the month of June 2014.I have ear problems in both ears as my hearing power has completely deteriorated. My ear speacilist Dr.Nirav Chheda has suggested me deflacort 6mg twice a day for 5 day course alonwith other tablets. Is it advisable to take deflacort 6 mg? Please Guide. what's are its side effects.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think your doctor would not have suggested them if it were not advisable since I presume he knows your history! It is a relatively low dose and a very short course but may help your hearing.

You may find your blood sugars are not as well controlled during the course but it isn't long enough or high enough to cause any real side effects other than you may find it a bit difficult to sleep. That won't last.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.