advice with anger issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

my son has several disabilites, nystagmus(he can only see 0.5 logmar ), communacationg/understanding problems hyperactivite speach delay no awareness of danger texture problems (that is just some of his problems) he has some diganoises and has finely been put on the waiting list for austim and is still under edwin lowbow for ADHD . i am just after abit of advice due to all of my sons problems the slightist thing that upsets him if he doesnt break down crying and goes silent and doesnt move or respond to anyone he gets very angery and attacks his sisters or he breaks things this time he smashed his sisters tv when i tried talking to him about it he broke down crying saying he dont no why he did it and cant remember what upset him normaly someone is close by when he has an episode but he didnt want anyone near him and he was left with his toy story 4 film playing along with his track masters so he was pretty happy by hisself so myself and my daughters have no idea what cause him todo this my daughter went upstairs to be with him and found her tv smashed up. any advice on how to help him deal with his emotions etc would be very much appreacted as this is starting to become very costly and it is unfair on my daughters and all the medical perfossinals involved keep saying is there nothing they can do untill he is older

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

He doesn't know what's happening to him, so he is scared. When he's scared, he's sad, and that makes him angry. Ideally, one parent should always be by his side, while the other one does the day-to-day stuff. Then you swap. He needs all your patience. He will always have to have one of the grown-ups attention. That's a given, so no need to be upset or angry about it. When you are calm, sit and come up with a plan of how you can give him all that attention and how to balance things. Not easy, but don't think about it. Just treat it as a fact. And half a relaxing bath. He needs you calm, to be his rock.

• Posted

If it wasn't just myself and his two sisters that could easily be done but I have to split my time between them all plus all the normal day to day stuff normally if I'm with one of my daughter's the other will be with my son (but he doesnt always want anyone near him)he also has walkie talkies which he uses to talk to me if he wants to tell or show me something but he doesn't want to come to me. I don't get angry or even shout at him as he can't process them sort of reactions and it just upsets him also he cant deal with loud noises so it would just make things worse for him . I just need some sort of way to try and help him deal with his emotions in a positive way instead of a negative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.