Advice with orlistat please :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was going to start the tablets this morning but wondering if that's wise as I ate huge amounts of fat yesterday and worried that it hasn't been "flushed" out my system yet and the orlistat will take effect on that HUGE amount of fat and I will have accidents tonight or tomorrow! I was thinking eating clean today and starting tomorrow. Would people think that was wise? 

Thanks in advance smile x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes just do what you said but it doesn’t matter the tablets take 2 days to really make a start. 
    • Posted

Ohhh ok so they won't start taking effect till 24-48 hrs anyways! That's good to know thank you smile

• Posted

Hi. Id leave it a couple days just in case as side effects not the best. Ive been on them for 8days now and have lost 9lb in total so far :-) good luck
    • Posted

Wow well done that's amazing, how much have you got to lose? What kind of stuff have you been eating? I haven't started them yet I've promised I'm going to start tomorrow! smile

• Posted

I have stuck to slimming world. But today ive suffered a bit as I had cake yesterday and wine and i ve had the nasty side effects :-( but my own fault. The tablets definitely work but like everyone says you have to stick to the 5% fat intake at each meal :-( ive got quite a bit to loose. After today im sticking to it 100% as side effects are awful :-( good luck.with your first week. Keep in touch :-)
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca thank you. Hope it goes well for you. Ive been a bit slack this last week.but back on top of it today. Good luck :-)
    • Posted

Hi Lauren ive been a bit slack this last week but back on it now. The good thing is havent put any weight on but also no loss. But back.on track now :-) I make sure I have 3 meals a day also I go for alot of meat with salad or vegtables. Its not easy at times but it is worth it when you get on the scales and see a loss. Hope its going well for you. I will let you know how this week goes :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.