Advice with ppi appeal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have a appeal for PPI i was refused next week. I have fibro and in pain all day every day, i work full time which i am finding very hard. I would like to go part time and this was the only way i thought i could afford to do this but was refused at the first stage, was just wondering if any body had been through this process and what to expect. many thanks x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsey, I was refused twice, I have fibro and have recently quit my waitressing job as it was to physicaly demanding,I am looking for somthing more suitable.I also have functional seizures, up to 3/4 a week, mostly Catamenial.It was down to the Nurse I had to go and see( Assos), she was flippent, talked about her husband and books ect, My Aunty came with me as I cant go out alone.She put down the opposite of what I was saying I found out.Clamping down alright,Agreed I had a disability but not enough points!!!!!!!!. She made a coment that I could engage in conversation!!!, Just because I can hold a conversation ( even though I muddle up words) shouldnt make a difference should it. Dont give up. .biggrin
    • Posted

Hi Hazel thanks for your reply, this is what happened to me, i read the papers they sent for the appeal and a copy of the assos assessment was attached, no points awarded as i could sit and plan a journey and i made i contact, they isnt much wrong with my brain, i want to get up and decorate, do my ironing, general things people do, but physcially cannot, i find it so hard, theres no medication that works, i sit and cry sometimes as im finding it so hard to carry on. Do you attend an appeal what is it like?

• Posted

Hi Lindsey, I appealed but they still turned me down because of what the nurse said even when the Doctor had sent a letter of support  for me, I had also sent hospital records  ect. I would love for them to spend a day in our shoes. I am going to phone up again, I was told to ask for a reason statment or somthing like that.Dont give up.Its frustrating not being able to do the jobs your used to,I deligate, get my kids to help ,I can spend a day doing jobs to be in worse pain for days after and your back to square one with houseworkeek.Literally a pain ha ha. 
  • Posted

I wish you could talk to my daughter. She is miserrable alot. Good days and bad days.....live for the good ones.  I was DX as polyneropathy...her DX was Fibro.  THe difference????????????
    • Posted

Hi it is a horriable condition, no two days are the same, but this is a wonderfull site and I have found lots of help and advice.

I just wondering if any body has had an ppi appeal and what i should expect, would love to hear from any one who has gone through this process. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.