Advice would be appreciated ......

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there,

I've had Fibromyalgia & the related CFS for many years & have felt fortunate that I've managed quite well with it while still working but in the ladt few years it has gradually been making it harder & more of a struggle, especially managing work. I can no longer work full time hours. I work as a Care Support Worker, a job I love. After the last job was finished due to lack of funding, I've recently started a part time job with my local council. It's 25hrs a week but can be more. I manage the 7am-2pm shift fine as long as I'm in bed by 8.30pm the night before but I'm struggling with the arvo/eve shifts which are (at present), 4.30pm-9.30pm ish, so getting home by 10pm. It's actually from about 4pm onwards that I usually feel especially tired as my energy levels start to drop dramatically from then & I'm not good during the evenings, rarely going out for an evening out as I feel so tired. After working the first arvo/eve shift which felt like swimming against the tide, I was so overwhelmed by tiredness & fatigue & my muscles were painful & stiff & the next day I was laid up all the next day but it also has a knock on effect, leaving me extremely tired & sluggish for almost a week afterwards. The office has so far given me a later shift the day before a day off as I asked as I know I could'nt get up the next day. What do you do, when finally, you cannot manage work as expected & seriously need to think about finishing. I don't want that but seriously worried that I'm having to now consider it. What, if any, financial help is there? Can anyone advise me please?

Thank you for taking the time to read this & hope you are as well as is possible. Pip x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Pip, Just a quick note to encourage you to hang in there & hopefully someone with knowledge for where you live can give you the advice you need.

Naturally what help is available depends on where you live, so maybe you could google Disability Services in your area & ask them for help.

Please look after yourself, I know leaving a job you love is very hard. You might go through a grieving process & become depressed. I hope you have some support at home. If not, look into having some therapy with a Psychologist asap, it does help.

Best wishes

Michelle

• Posted

Hello Kitty,

Thank you for taking time to read & reply to my note on here. I've an appointment with the doc this week to talk over some things & will go speak to CAB as also suggested to me.

Thank you. Hope you are doing ok x

• Posted

Hello Pip, Just a quick note to encourage you to hang in there & hopefully someone with knowledge for where you live can give you the advice you need.

Naturally what help is available depends on where you live, so maybe you could google Disability Services in your area & ask them for help.

Please look after yourself, I know leaving a job you love is very hard. You might go through a grieving process & become depressed. I hope you have some support at home. If not, look into having some therapy with a Psychologist asap, it does help.

Best wishes

Michelle

• Posted

just wondering where do you live ?

i had to give up work after 20 years ss a teacher I am only 49 but i am recieving income protection with my super fund I live in Perth Australia ❤

• Posted

Hello Donna,

I live in South Wales in the UK. I don't have a super fund unfortunately. Sorry to hear that you had to give up your career, & at such a young age.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.