Advice would be appreciated

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi so im trying to stay off the internet and get on with my life so i just need advice on my next step, been on venlafaxine now for about 4 months, im now on 150mg of venlafaxine and 15mg of mirrazapine (california rocket fuel). coming up to 13 weeks on this dose and although it has helped my anxiety is still quite high, do i increase and if so by how much or do i stay and see if this will "kick in"

THANKS Aaron

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, aaron, I don't really know what advice to give.. I've been on Venlafaxine for far too long and it's not helped my anxiety.. however.. it seems to help other people.. I just wish I'd never been prescribed it.. it's difficult to come off it and a nightmare if you forget to take it.. that's true.. I forgot to take it several times and I didn't realise that I wasn't taking it.. sounds daft.. but that's what happened.. If you persevere with Venlafaxine.. always remember to take it when you're meant to.. best regards

• Posted

I was on this combination for about three months but I found it too activating for anxiety. It helped with depression and sleep but it was difficult to stop the Mirtazapine even after three months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.