Advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just waiting for an appointment for a mammogram. As found 2 lumps & swelling. Now I have a sore nipple. Trying to stay positive, but I am totally aware that my boobs is larger than my other one. Any advise would be welcome. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

it’s a stressful process and it doesn’t matter how many times you find a lump and go through the process even though each time it’s non cancerous you are always fearful that this time it’s cancerous. But the reality is it’s more often not cancerous. 

The good thing is nowadays your appointment should give you a good idea what you have by the end of the appointment .. mammogram then ultrasound .. they usually take a core biopsy with the ultrasound it doesn’t hurt they use local anaesthetic and it’s like a little staple gun that takes a tiny piece of your lump. .. at this point the expert can usually give you an idea what you may have . Then you go back in a week for your results .

i have had 3 breast lumps removed one when age 22 another age 41 and then another last year age 53 all non cancerous . 

Nowadays they can remove small lumps with a core biopsy without having an operation. Amazing wish they had been able to do that with my first two ..

i know you will only relax when you know but my advice if it is cancer stress when they tell you . Until then don’t worry about what may never be ..

thinking of you it’s so horrible ..

• Posted

Thank you, I had a call from hospital today for my appointment on Tuesday. Can’t believe how quick it was to get an appointment. Yes it is more the worrying . As it’s the unknown. 
  • Posted

Not long to wait . It’s the unknown that’s scary. We deal with the reality when we know what it is . You’ll be fine they will really look after you . 

Thinking of you on Tuesday .

• Posted

I'm in a very similar situation right now. I noticed my right breast was suddenly bigger than my left. I have gained weight which I know can cause this, but I also have a lump under the armpit of the enlarged breast. I have been referred to breast clinic so it's a waiting game at the minute. I'm not coping too well though... you can tell me 9 out of 10 lumps are non-cancerous and I will focus my energy on the 1 out of 10 that are!

Good luck for your appointment and please let me know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi I’m with you on that, haven’t had a decent night sleep. Keep thinking it all in my head. Been no change in my left breast since I’ve been to doctors. I want to doctors Monday afternoon, hospital called Friday for my appointment. Hope you get yours soon. I will post as soon as I know. Keep well x
  • Posted

Just wanted to wish you luck for your appointment tomorrow. I will keep everything crossed for you x
    • Posted

Thank you, yes I post. Just keep thinking only 1 bad nights sleep to go. Then I shall have some news. Hopefully all will be good. Fingers crossed as it’s my 50th birthday this weekend. 
  • Posted

Just to let you all know, it’s a build of tissue that’s not harmful & will go eventually. Plus mammogram is not as bad as I heard. Thank you all x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.