advise from anyone who's been on fluoxetine/prozec 5+ weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm nearly at 5weeks 20mg and its done a lot of good lifting the depression removing the dark cloud of hell but my body is so tired yet my heads like a light bulb. I still feel in my own bubble and jittery. Will this go over time or is it the meds? Iv got to remember how bad I was 3 weeks ago though. I'm so desperate to feel myself sad

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi rachel, I'm sure you did'nt mean your last sentence just as it reads, "so desperate to feel yourself sad"?? your symtoms are so text book it would seem, the jitteryness, achey body thing, I have exactly that, not every day thankfully, in fact it's a wee bit disconcerting having a couple of good days then without warning it goes back two steps and the aches reappear but I truely believe it's a small price to pay for the ultimate prize, peace of mind and a return to "normality", hang in there Rachel, things can only get better smile
    • Posted

Haha I did a sad face and it change to the word sad. No I want to be my happy self smile how long u been on them David? Do u feel spacey/in a bubble ? Thank u for ur reply 
    • Posted

I'm on day 45 today Rachel, though it does'nt seem that long since I started, it's been a bit of a blur my journey so far, ups n downs, but more ups nowadays. Certainly got the spacey in a bubble feeling most days, it's kinda nice in a way so I do'nt tend to let it bother me too much haha. It has been a great insight to the drug and its side effects this website, I've chatted with many lovely people all at various stages of recovery, quite an eyeopener to me. That was funny your sad face thingy haha sad that has helped my darker days too, laughter, I even laugh at my own stupidity sometimes which is kinda sad I guess, wink do I care? nope!! Chat again I hope, meanwhile take care, and get well soon smile

• Posted

Iv heard it should pass at about 6 weeks. I don't want to feel spacey iv young children to care for and due a baby soon. My p Dr says its the anxiety rather then the meds but I'm unsure. Also worry I'll turn crazy after reading bad things about these meds and been suicidal but I don't feel that way I'm just knee to be me because iv no reason to be down at all. Glad ur having mainly ups smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.