Advise needed about Calories and fat Please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so from my own experience I know that if I don't eat at least 1600 cals a day I dont loose weight but im struggling to find foods that are low in fat but get my cals in. Im also struggling to get ENOUGH fat! Im eating between 7-18g a day! Seems pointless taking the tablets if im not eating much fat anyway! PLEASE ccan anyine help with what foods I should go for. Be so much easier if there wasnt the bloomin 5g per 100g rule as thats what's making it so difficult!  

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

im doing approx 1400 and my meals are mostly pasta or potato based. I've had spag bol with extra lean mince and low fat dolmio about 6 times in 2 weeks. Slimming world quiche is a good one, its made with low fat cottage cheese. I made it yesterday and it was lovely. 

not sure really what else to suggest. I love my food so im trying to find good solid meals with low fat.

Not much help really! X

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Ive upped my cals to 1600 to see if that helps as I have over 5 stone to loose so worried about starting too low. Its just finding meals that aren't too low. Al though I was over the moon last night when I realised I could have a piece of steak!! Lol
    • Posted

Yeah im making casserole tonight. I need substantial food lol otherwise I'll just end up eating snacks all night. 

If I go by the bmi calculator I have got 4 stone (at least) to lose. But really I just want to be a comfortable 12/14 so about 2 1/2 should get me there. 

its hard work trying to figure out what can be eaten without any side effects isnt it? Im still not sure what I can and can't have. Im sure we'll figure it out soon x

• Posted

I think that's my problem. Im so worried about having and sude effects that im holding back but toouch I think x 
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I know what you its hard but if you eat something and you get the side effects you just dont eat it again. I buy the slimming world magazines i find they really help me. I had a weight watchers quiche last night for tea with a salad and had no side affects. like i have said before its trial and error. I take green tea capsules which are supposed to help losing weight. have you been back to nurse yet for a weigh in??

• Posted

Hiya no I have my first official wi with my gp in 2 weeks, feels like ive been on these tablets for ages lol. Ive just bought a rub of WW spread whuch is about 10g per 100g (cant remember exactly) but was sick of eating dry toast! Can live like that, the idea for me is to become less obsessed with food but im just now so paranoid about it as everyone seens to have been told different things.  

I will trial and error some different foods smile

Thank you for taking time to reply and good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.