advise needed please ladies

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a a & p repair done collaphraphy. I have also a dropped womb that hasn't needed any surgery on as yet but may have to have a hyrorectomy in the next five to ten years (am 36 ) so that probably why it hasn't been done as yet. The help I need is I know cervix is high and low during the menstrual cycle for fertility ect. I can always feel the opening of the cervix about two center meters in is this normal or has my womb prolapsed further any help needed. Thanks ladies

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elliott,

It's probably the swelling from the a and p, that makes everything seem lower down, you didn't say how far post op you are, but it takes ages for the swelling to go.x.

• Posted

Laura's right ellliot and you won't be certain until all the swelling has reduced but then again I don't know when you had your repair. How recent was it?

• Posted

All of the swelling won't have completely subsided elliot but remember if you are concerned please speak to your doctor especially if by the 12th-14th week post op you still have the same concerns.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.