Advise on starting

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've just been prescribed orlistat & panicking about starting them..

My main problem being that the toilet in work is a bit of a walk & I'm worrying about an accident! Is there any "notice" given or is it a case of quick dashes. Please help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, if you eat healthy a couple of days before you start them as they will get rid of the fat you have eaten a few days before. 

If you stick to the rules of no more than 5g of fat per 100g and not more than 15g per meal you won't have any mishaps lol. 

If you do fall off the wagon and eat really bad there is no warning your tummy will hurt and soon as you move the oil will pour out! I speak from experience 💩💩💩 it was the same day it was the next evening! Was not good! But after that I ate healthy and it never happen again! If you bend the rules slightly you will have oil in your poo but that's it!! Just don't have pizza drunk like I did lol. Didn't even take a tablet either! Just glad I was at home lol. 

I lost 3 stone taking them, they just keep you on the straight and narrow. Go for it, good luck xx

• Posted

Well done on losing 3 stone. How long did it take?  Thank u for your advice. I guessi will learn from my errors. 
  • Posted

Start taking them at the weekend when you are at home just in case! I've never had the side effects and my doctor says that's because I'm doing it right:-)
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply... OK another question even if I watch my fat intake & don't have "movements" do the tablets still work??? I think I'd be fine with dinners but again its lunches for work I'm kinda stuck on... Any suggestions?? Thanx
  • Posted

Hi Louise,

Like fatfairy said if you stick to the rules you will be fine, i started my tablets on a saturday to give my body enough time to get use to them and if you do have the side effects it teaches you not to have that again. Everyone is different though. i have been on the tablets before about 5 years ago and did loose 3 stone on them so they do work so far i have lost 10 lb since started them again. I work in a pharmacy and the toilet is an issue as its not very private. i usually have salad for lunch with chicken or ham or fish. i do find slimming world really helpful but you do have to be careful with the fat content. How much are you wnating to loose?

• Posted

Thank u. I would love to lose 3/4 stone... I'm 16.5 stone now.  How r u getting on now with them??

• Posted

Hi Louise, 3/4 stone is doable (don't think that is even a word) I lost 3 stone when I was on them before 5 years ago. I am same as you I weighed 16.2 when I started I now now weigh 15.3 and I have been taking them I think this is my 6th week I would love to get back to 11 stone. Fingers crossed. We both do it. Z
  • Posted

Hi I have been on tablets now for 4 days and have lost 7 lbs. haven't has any urgency to go to toilet but think that's because I have not had anything that has a lot of fat in. So I think if you stick to a low day diet you should be ok. 
  • Posted

Hi there nnewby.  I have been on Orlistat for 6 weeks, and have never once had to rush to the toilet.  Drink lots of water though.  I think i'm about 5 lbs down, but 1 lb aweek is good enough for me.  it does pay to eliminate unneccesary fat though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.