Advise please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this and very confused, I have picked up my tablets yesterday so I can start them today, however I'm going to struggle as not to sure what to eat, I find it easier to follow a weekly diet that's already set out , I have purchased the alli book so hopefully that will help, I used to weigh around 11 stone until I had Idine treatment for my thyroid as it was over active and now it's under had major problems there which had made me stuck on 5 stone! I only eat chicken and fish every other night with salad and rice or vegetables and jp or sweet potatoes, is there any diet to follow on day to day?? I so hope I can loose this vile fat ! 😂

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi my lovely. I'm doing weightwatchers while taking these 3 times daily. First 2 weeks of taking I lost half stone but that does not mean everyone will be the same. We all loose differently and all need to follow what suits us. Orlistat works by removing I think 30% bad fat so it won't work if you follow a very low fat diet. Hope that makes sense. Good luck in your journey my lovely. X
  • Posted

hiya Rasta. I think what you need to do is look at this diet as different to what you know already. you need to sit down and plan meals. I've been shopping today and looked at all the labels. anything with 5% fat in 100g is ok. I tend to make all my meals from scratch but this is because I have been taught this by going to slimming world and I so still tend to follow slimming world but now I am watching how much fat I am taking in. I'm trying not to eat more than 30g a day. and don't eat anything with fat in. In between meals hope this helps little
    • Posted

Hay sassie, thank you for your reply, I went shopping today cost me more (£60 more)! I can't get my head around the 45 g a day that you need to eat, silly question but do you use scales? Today for breakfast I had a Greak yogurt with blueberries, coffee, one spoon  of demara sugar (0. Fat) water and tablet, then lunch egg and watercress in wholemeal, snack had toffee popcorn (0.5) tiny bag, and dinner homemade rice and peas (Jamaican style) marinated salmon which I done, and 6 diff veg, pint of water, does this sound okay ? We only eat chicken one night then fish the next night, geese and Clive bagels are good (0.1 fat) but is a little,higher in calories etc does that matter? Im 5'7 and used to weigh 10.3 stone and medication has piled on my weight 15.12 stone, never been so huge,

hope to hear back from you , how long have you been doing this?

• Posted

Meant to oops mean to say cheese and chives not geese and Clive lol!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.