Advise please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi people

I've been on the HRT patches for 3 month and feel loads better up to now. My mood is much improved but I'm on my last patch in the box and should have had a period but haven't. Do I continue onto the next box as normal? What happens because I haven't had a period ? 

Ive also had horrendous thrush. I've had 2 lots of meds to try and blast it off but haven't been able to get rid of it. I'm going to have a third lot of oral tablet tonight and hope this does it.......anyone else been like this and how'd you deal with it all?

Also have terrible acid reflux so bad been referred to the hospital.....is this a peri thing ? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb,

Not sure about the lack of period, you need to ask your doctor about that.

For thrush try probiotics, I can get rid of it with a few days of good quality ones.

For the reflux take 2 ginger capsules half an hour before meals and ginger tea made with fresh ginger. This worked for me better than the anti reflux Meds.

• Posted

How long did your patches take to start working? I started the Evorel patches 11 days ago and I take the progesterone 100mg tablet for 14 days if month.

I am suffering with acid reflux badly. I've not slept in 3 nights with it. It burns in nose,throat and chest. My chest is tight.I have tried loads of things but nothing happening yet. On ginger capsules and ginger tea. Tried Andrews liversalts. Tried probiotics and enzymes.

What are your symptoms with the reflux?

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply.

I'll give the probiotics and ginger a go.....you never know.

The acid reflux is terrible......sore throat cough and feel like my airways and chest are filling up with clag.....and a really dry throat.

im on the max on peptac liquid. I could easily take more but if you over do it your stomach then produces more acid to counteract the peptac liquid.

i have to sleep elevated and on my side to get any peace and sleep.

waiting for another appointment with the consultant. I really don't want to be reliant on heartburn stuff all the time. 

Ive been so rough for 3 1/2 months and am fed up with feeling ill.

• Posted

Poor you. I feel for you. My doctor said to start taking 2 lanzoprazole a day now. I am going to make sure my diet is good too. It is pretty good but I am going to eat little and often now. I will have 3 pillows tonight. I wondered what the reflux pillows were like ? I suck liquorice at times to help the taste. By the way are your patches working yet ?
    • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I didn't bother with trying a reflux pillow because at it's worst I tried sleeping upright but it was still going on.

You can even try raising the head of the bed (only any good if you have a foot board though as you can tend to slip down to the end of the bed).

Try the ginger if you haven't already, lansoprazol is designed to decrease acid but often apparently it's not enough acid to digest the meal rather than too much.

Good luck hope you get rid of it soon.

• Posted

They are helping but now wonder if the HRT are causing theses physical symptoms ? 

Feel rubbish.....getting married sat too !! 

• Posted

How lovely (getting married I mean) congratulations have my fingers crossed you have a healthy happy day x
  • Posted

you need probiotic to help loss of good bacteria x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.