Advise please

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive only been diagnosed with this 3 mth ago .im on pregablin and paracetamol for pain but there not working.my headaches are realy badwith pain in my hands,knees n back.nite time its more like a toothache pain n cant sleep for it.im on antidepresants and looks like im gona have to go on a stronger dose.x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice, i would go back to your Dr or ask for a telephone consultation and tell them it's not helping.

it takes a lot of trial and error to get the pain relief right.

i was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and still haven't got the pain relief right! on Morphine, gabapentin, antidepressants the works!!

i would advise to keep a diary too writing exactly what the oain is like, if it's worse at certain times of the day etc.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Catherine

• Posted

i agree . you should go back to your doctor and ask for Tramadol. I take one in the more and one at night. works very well for me for 20 + yrs. Not to say sometimes you need one more in a day. i can take up to 4 . But never use them unless i absolutely need them . We all know your pain and sleepless nights. We understand that sometimes you just have to cry. And theres nothing wrong with that.

• Posted

Catherine said: "I would advise to keep a diary too writing exactly what the pain is like, if it's worse at certain times of the day etc."

This is very good advice. You should track anything to do with pain. Time of day, Temperature, your mood and what sort of activities you have undertaken.

Record this in a quality book as you will be able to go back over the years and compare. (Sorry about the years but this is a fact.)

Start To Day.

• Posted

Thats a great idea Catherine_34515 , I never think of doing that. Thank you Rainlover forrelating that Information.

• Posted

You're welcome. i have to keep a diary or i forget what's what when i speak to the Dr and forget important info!!!

brainfog is a bummer!!

enjoy your weekend

Catherine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.