Advise please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 21 year old female and i have been experiencing rectal bleeding its happened 3 times in the past year and lasted 4-6 days each time. The blood comes with the bowel motion and theres enough to disguise whats actually in the toilet. on the last episode there was clots too. i have been to the doctors for every episode and they keep saying its either a heamoroid, piles or anal fissure.

what can i do to get some a doctor to take me seriously and actually help me

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Katiemarie

    Certainly sounds like Heamorroids, anal fissure, piles are Haemorroids. Have you been examined by your doctor? you can buy Haemorroid and fissure cream from the pharmacy. Speak ti the pharmacist try them if they are recommended and see if they heal you, if you do not heal go back to your doctor say you have tried to heal the problem with cream from pharmacy and say you want a second opinion. Ask your doctor to be referred to a consultant that deals with your problem....

    • Posted

      Hi, thanks for your reply.

      yes, i have been examined twice, the first time i was given medication for "just in case" because the doctor couldn't find anything and then the second time i was examined the doctor said she cant see of feel anything and sent me on my way. i was also seen by a doctor who said i should be referred but when i went back to the GP i was told no and its probably just a heamorroid even though they could find one.

  • Posted

    All of your doctors explanations are possible causes. Are you having constipation, because that can cause haemorrhoids and fissures? If you are straining on the toilet, try a stool softener to make stools easier to pass. Have your doctors examined you for fissures or haemorrhoids?I think you are being taken seriously and you are being helped. Since you are worrying, perhaps ask if you need a colonoscopy.

    • Posted

      The bleeding has never happened after any kind of constipation or straining. I've had 2 examinations, after the first once i was given medication and after my second one this week i was told there wasn't a fissure or any sign of piles or heamorroids .

  • Posted

    I would ask for a gastro referral. You should be seen and evaluated.

    Rectal bleeding should be taken seriously. its probably nothing serious but they can recommend different things you can do to stop these episodes.

    Good Luck!

    • Posted

      Hi thank you for your reply,

      thats exactly what i thought but the doctors i have seen and spoken to have made me feel silly for even going in the first place. One of them that i spoke to over the phone said i didn't even need a GP appointment for it because of my age and from what i told them i was healthy. Hopefully i can get to the bottom of this as it's starting to impact my work life.

    • Posted

      This is a very strange reaction from your doctor because the advice given is to see your GP if you are getting rectal bleeding. Since your doctor is making you feel silly, change your doctor.

  • Posted

    Ask your doctor for a stool test. Have you suffered from constipation? I start to bleed when my anal fissure returns. I make sure I am not constipated by keeping an eye on my diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.