Advise please I am a mess

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anxiety sufferer

Medication 2mg diazapam morning and even eight years! So has zero effect

0.5 clonazapam evening

50mg sertraline

I need some advise I have spent all day at a&e, and believe it or not I could not get any medication advise. With my anxiety I get back and hand pain, I am in a lot of pain my stomach is a mess most foods are triggering anxiety attacks, the first emergency appointment is a week away, the nurse who saw I was in distress mumbled if I was you I would take what you need. Either way I have been left to try and handle this, I even tried getting advise privately. I don't care about addiction or tapering right now I NEED TO MAKE A DENT IN THIS so either one of you nice people give me some advice or I self medicate, I know your not doctors but please some ideas as I cannot cope.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

im new to this forum and i have undiagnosed anxiety issues so cant offer any  help or advice on the drugs front.

i went to the doctors a couple of times when it got quite bad and on the 2nd visit he prescribed me some phenergan? have you ever heard of this being used for anxiety?

hope you dont mind me asking.... thanks

• Posted

I feel so sad for you can you not get a appointment with emergency GP to help you with your medication/ could A/E not give you anything to kelp until you see your own GP thinking of you x
  • Posted

I had always heard that Valium ( diazapam) was a rebound medicine. That after continued use the symptoms it was helping return
  • Posted

ok try and take some deep slow reaths to start with, main thing to rememner that you can partky control this, u need to focus that you will get better i prmise you that, how long have u been on sert?

can you take a higher dose of diazipam maybe 4mg ?? see ehat dr says, im not a dr but been where yiu are!! i also walked a lot houra in fact and my son forced me to the gym and did swiming , went in the sauna, it really did help by the evening i was shattered . i didnt sleep much but got a t least 4 hours aventualy. i got worse when i started the sertraline, then after 4 weeks i git so muvh better and everyine in here helped a lot.

do some colouring watch funny programmes that know and are comfortable watching, do anythung that makes you feel a littlle better.

plz plz pray too, this is the biggest help you will find.

• Posted

thats why you are feeling so bad, you need to give it 4 to 8 weeks hun. things will improve, it takes time to balance out .

come on you can do this, we have all been where you are, and we are all only human, trust me i know its easier said than done, but this is where you have to dig really deep and pull that little bit of hope you have, and you do have hope i know you do, or you wouldnt be on here asking for advice. give your self a talking to, cry if u must, then take a hot shower , go for a long walk or even run.

just to get through the weeks, and very slowly and subtly you will feel better and better.

good luck sweet heart. im here if you need to talk. xx

• Posted

mental pain? or phsical?

do you have any friend or family who you can go visit who will understand?

if not , plz try try and get out of the house, wrap up and feel the wind in your hair and walk and walk if you can, and make sure you walk with your head up and notice all the trees and nature around, talk to god in your head ask him to heal you sweet heart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.