Advise regarding Abdominal/bladder problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there,

I would like some advice please.

I had my urine checked before and there was blood in my urine,I took a course of antibiotics and had my urine checked again and all was fine.

My problem was if I drank anything I would need to urinate straight away and I would need to go every 5 mins after that,it feels like it goes in one end and won't stop untill every drop of fluid has come out the other end.I thought after the antibiotics this would have stopped but two months later this problem still exists.Also at the bottom of my chest/top of my abdominals I have started feeling pain which has now started to travel into the pit of my stomach.Also when I bend over I feel,what feels like a muscle that wants to pop out.What concerns me is if this is a tumor and/or an ulcer.I feel that this lump,stomach pain and my weak bladder are all connected and what I would like to know is what would be the best form of test to get to check out my internal organs,just so I can get piece of mind.

I know you can have an ultrasound but this could miss certain things so I was thinking some form of xray,what do you people think would give you a more accurate prognosis.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    A ct or mri with contrast, u on iron or other suppliments. May be cyst, I can't believe they would give you antibiotics before they did a scan anyway did you have a fever or weakness
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      The doctor gave me them to clear the blood that was in my urine.

      I am taking protein and other supplements for training but over the last few weeks my appetite has died and not training as much and lost alot of weight due to loss of appetite,no fever but lately get a little wobbly,faint kind of feeling fatigue and weakness.I am covinced that I have some kind of problem,I think it could be conected to my prostate also.I don't want to go back to the doctor,I went to see him and he kept asking me to come back every few days and done nothing,ended up just paying money all the time.I think I will just go the hospital as I believe I need some form of scan so my insides can be looked at.I don't want to keep going to the same doctor as it feels like he is just calling me back as he knows each time I go visit he will be asking for money.I am not in the UK and don't have private insurance so I have to pay all the time so I would rather pay for a proper scan that way I will know if there is anything wrong inside or not.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Ljublyjubly

      You need to see a urologist who will check your kidneys for infection or stones and then perform a cystoscopy to check you bladder is ok...if all is ok there you will have a ct scan which will pick up anything untoward in the kidney and lower and upper abdominal area I had this done and CT scan picked up a cyst on my ovary....i'm waiting to see the gynaecologist.....obviously you wont have cyst on the ovary being a male...but you may have one somewhere else...hope this helps best wishes for a speedy diagnosis.......

      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up