Advocating to Kaiser Healthcare

Posted , 5 users are following.

My daughter has been suffering from HS for over two years. Dermatologist at Kaiser gave very conflicting treatment plan.  I am worried for her. She is young. I have read that surgery has over 90% successful with healthy lifestyle. I also read that do the surgery sooner than later. I am going in again tomorrow w my daughter. Please pray for her.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im really sad for your daughter since my suffering started at 13. At least she got a dermato which i didnt have . I might get some hate for this but i recently found something that works after 1 year of antibiotics that gave nothing and reducing my diet to only greens which gave nothing either. I didnt had a flare up in months. I now eat like my bf since 6 weeks and my scars are healing , even my tunnels and the dark black grey scars are getting light again. I use noxzema to wash , the original one. I use a thick layer on my armpits, groin and tighs and my lower belly where it was spreading. I scrub it a bit and clean it with dexidin4 which is like hibiclens 4% i believe. If i have had an open cyst or a collection of whitehead stuff i used dexidin alcohol on it. I then dry my skin and at first i was using a thin layer of Ketoderm , its an anti fungus cream. Some of my cysts where smelling bad and my doc gave me this cream. I wait until it dries and i had a thick layer of Benzogel5, its a simple acne cream. The first week i had an explosion of cysts, even some that were very deep and that i thought were just bumps... I used to put benzogel twice at first. All the cyst healed rapidly and now im working on getting all the whiteheads out! I feel good in my skin again. Oh i started my journey to recovery by using baking soda to lightly scrub, idk if its important.. Some might say it will come back and it was because i had changed my diet but i started introducing different things 3 months ago and i eat normal since 6 weeks and i have no signs of flare ups. Its my story , it might now work as well for someone else but i would say to never give up on trying a new treatment. And i would add that surgery is definitive. If its the last option or the best option. Good luck and dont lose hope i struggled for a decade 
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing. I finally broke down and wept in private. I am praying for my daughter and all of you.

M

• Posted

Ill pray for her too , thank you! Honestly its such a hard disease. Im glad your daughter found a doctor that knows what it was. I battled against it on my own for a decade. I even thought i had some kind of herpes at the age of 14 after i kissed a boy lol i been ashamed a long time. My doctor wouldnt take me seriously and give me the paper to see a dermatologist, she always told me to put warm cloth over it and that it would go away. When i found out it was a disease she said i watched too much internet.
    • Posted

I am so sorry you had to go through that. It is scary for anyone let alone young ones. My daughter feared that God had punished her and why would God punish a good person.  I have been reading a lot. There are lot of good news. I wonder if I can send links or pdf here.  

Let us all remember that just because the doctors say there is no cure - what they mean is they do not know of one or a cure does not exist now. It may tomorrow.  The dermatologist we say this week was reading up medical journals published just like I was doing.  Let us pray, there is power in number.  God bless 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.