Aerophagia? Anyone have similar issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about a year now I have been battling this weird air that gets trapped in my stomach and gets released up my esophagus and through my mouth. I make a strange frog noise. I have started to call this "the frog." At first, it would happen after I ate for a little while and dissipate a few hours later. Now, it's happening almost constantly. I feel this pressure build up right underneath my chest (my upper stomach) and the air releases. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I was first prescribed omemperazole for 8 months and it was a little better. Now, I am taking phazyme (simethicone) like 5 times a day and trying to eat very bland but still having issues. The only time I feel better is when I lay completely flat on my back. Any one have any similar issues or any advice?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would speak to your doctor to get tests and a diagnosis. Lots of things can cause gas.

• Posted

lauren,

I belch n burp constantly for 6 months myself. air or gas comes up through my stomach or throat and I hear frog like sound in my throat. it happens when I eat and even when I dont eat..quite annoying

• Posted

lauren,

I belch n burp constantly for 6 months myself. air or gas comes up through my stomach or throat and I hear frog like sound in my throat. it happens when I eat and even when I dont eat..quite annoying

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going through this. About 2 years ago when I was going through it there wasn't a name for it or at least they didn't use it around me,LoL. It was so bad they hooked a 24hr monitor up my nose and down my throat. Sigh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.