AF?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am under investigation for what could be AF. I know when my heart misses beats and jumps about as I can feel it when it happens. This doesn't happen every day, there seems to be no pattern. I can have it on and off all day and then maybe not come back for 6/7 days. Can I ask if this is normal for people with AF? I have just had the 24hr heart monitor on but my heart behaved itself. I also landed in A&E not long ago with heart attack symptoms. Thankfully it wasn't a heart attack, unfortunately I still am no further forward to what caused it.

aabb

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I'm in a similar situation to you, although I don't go as long as you without the symptoms, I had a 6 day monitor and it was reported that I had missed beats in the upper chambers but the consultant described them as benign, but still they are bothersome in everyday life.

He put me on bisoprolol, now on 2.5 mg daily, looks like I may need 5mg daily, unfortunately I take diazepam 2mg to calm me down and it helps the following day till nighttime.

I really want a heart mri done to rule out anything serious.

• Posted

Sorry to hear you need medication for it. What does an MRI look for if it is the heart?

Can i ask why they put you on medication if the beats are benign?

aabb

• Posted

It looks for scarring in the heart and blockages etc.

On medication as the symptoms are bothersome.

Now on 5mg bisoprolol.

• Edited

Thanks for getting back to me. I do hope you get to the bottom of your issues. I have the cardiologist on Tuesday. Not sure what they will do yet.

aabb

• Posted

I was told to reduce the bisoprolol back to 2.5mg as he wanted to put me on FLECAINIDE Acetate 50mg twice daily to help me with what they call ectopic heart beats.

I haven't been diagnosed with af, well not yet anyway, I see the cardiologist in March, he thinks it's anxiety related, so, I'm going to be asking him to offer me a Echocardiogram to prove to me that there's no problem with my heart, and if it is anxiety then that will help that cause too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.