Af

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening folks so no cardio version last Friday, one result was 3.7, keeps going up what I want know if anyone out there had similar to this, I am still breathless get hot flushes also small amount of discomfort in my chest odd times. The thing I hate is how tired I get I am used to getting up at 5.30,am , since getting this stupid af I struggle to get up for 8,am toyed with idea of stopping all my meds said this to the mrs all she said was do it if you want a stroke, as anyone stopped their meds flecanide, bisopradol and warfarin without any side effects

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Popeye.. I don't have the answer to this question, but it's one I've asked myself many times.  What happens if I just stop all the meds.. I'm interested in the answer to this as well.  Good luck  CD
  • Posted

Popeye62,

I have never been put on Flecanide and so can't comment. I am on Bisoprolol and Warfarin .... I would no more come off Bisoprolol or Warfarin than I would bungee jump off Everests North Face. But if you are that crapped off do it, your heart rate will gallop away when you come off Bisop and you'll have a stroke if you come off Warfarin. The increased heart rate when you come off Bisop will most likely induce AF with what results who knows - re Warfarin, well you'll have a stroke sooner or later, if you are lucky it'll take you out. If you are unlucky you'll be some sorta a cripple, just depends on how the stroke affects you.

Before you do anything read the warnings inside both packets then go and talk to your GP. If you are unhappy with that advice go get a second opinion.

Your call .... good luck.

• Posted

I was put on Flecainide and Warfarin, initially, and Bisoprolol at a later date.  I haven't had an AF episode in nearly 2 years (touch wood) but have been wanred not to stop taking Flecainide or Warfarin.  However I've just stopped Bisoprolol and so far no ill effects (pulse has increased slightly but still well within recommended levels).  I'm hoping that I will stop falling asleep as a result!
  • Posted

I have PAF and don't take meds other than Warfarin and I would never give this up. Too risky.
  • Posted

Hi Popey62 Probably don't stop Warfarin but you do seem to have a lot of medication.  I was diagnosed with Afib about 18 months - two years ago , waited for an appointment for about three months then  put on Warfarin and Bisoprolol . soon dropped the Bisoprol because monitoring my heart rate  did not think I needed it.  I was put on the list for Cardioversion which I had about 4 months later it worked for about a week but then I had a minor (fortunately) stroke caused by a bleed in the brain ! - immediate cessation of Warfarin and any coagulant. So there I was with intermittant Afib and no medication at all .  Yes a bit worrying  seemed like the Devil or the deep blue sea !! It was then suggested I consider left atrial appendage occlusion to reduce the risk of stroke since it would seem I could not consider a lifetime of anticoagulant.  I waited another 4 months for the procedure - with the occasional Flencanaid. I had  the procedure 6 weeks ago and was told  I MUST take a small dose aspirin for 6 months. I feel I have had the best care poossible in the somewhat awkward circumstances and  I am lucky in that my Afib is intermittant and usually allows a reasonably normal life - including cycling . So we are all different but I would encourage you to talk to your consultant about your medication - and if you can't get a response there ask your GP for some advise.  Just one thing I have found - try not to let it spoil your life , it seems worry and stress just make it worse.  Good luck. JES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.