af

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks as i have said sunday saw my worst episode of af since last august now wednesday night feel like death warmed up chest tight also been having chest pains feels abit like stitch only way i can describe it, also feel very drained any ideas folks im off to the docs on friday for some amswers

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

to be honest it sounds more like my Prinzmetal angina pain, not saying you have my type or angina but, i would be more inclined not to hang around till friday... missus i dont think would let me either... it does sound more like an angina type pain and needs a better look than a gp will give...
    • Posted

Wife thinks the same andrew i know this sounds stupid i am self employed and last time it costs me from august to november not working i am nearly back on my feet financially not quite but nearly so playing the hope it cures itself game for now i wish i had a job where i got a salary for time off but alas no so its chin up and grin and bear it
    • Posted

Sorry popeye I thoroughly agree with andrew,  if I were you I would be going to the ER and not waiting for the doctors.  I was going to write more but it is up to you.
    • Posted

Popeye, i would only ask this... you are nearly financially at the same point and you are playing the hope game? being blunt do you check the road before crosing it...? i understand what you are saying but do you want time with wife and family or to leave them financially secure? yes we all take risks but some risks are not worth it... like driving a car with no brakes. Repeating a very sad story - an Athletics coach was coaching here a while ago, complained of feeling a bit unwell and chesty... no one thought anything of it after all us athletes (ex in my case now i guess) and coaches (still going just) always have something body wise to grumble about, 250 miles later he died on the motorway his wife had to steer the car off the road....  sorry but... i care about you...
    • Posted

Cheers for your comments andrew its nice to know other people care about me.no i always look before i cross the road that made me smile actually.as i have said in the past in a fighter one of my elder brothers as massive heart problems and to be honest hes given in to it sit on his arse all day only walks to loo n bed and i refuse to let these episodes of af get me down when it first started last year i let it beat me took me a while to fight back apart from chest pains over winter last sunday was my worst bout of af i would say on a par wirh last years im on my jollys in three weeks so chill out and see what happens after that once again cheers for your concern andrew you too look after yourself
  • Posted

all the best to you!!  So sorry to hear.
  • Posted

Awww.. I'm sorry to hear that Pop!

We all know how horrible these symptoms are...you take things easy and try to not get too down about it till you see Dr.  Feet up meantime!

J

• Posted

Cheers for that jess i wish i could put my feet up im a man who can not sit still i fight and keep going just really looking forward to egypt in march 2 weeks cooking in the sun
    • Posted

We all hate going  but if things get any  worse, I'd think about A&E Nigel  (might get a quick cardioversion that way). I had a terrible journey home from Italy a few years ago so make sure you are feeling better before you head off for Egypt.... and check  insurance to give you peace of mind.  Hope all goes well for you, take good care

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.