af

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just heard from my doctor when i was in the ecg today they caught the af rearing its ugly head, thats why i woke up like a zombie this morning and dint go to work so its monitoring and increase in my bisopradol until my level as been found just glad they caught it so see what the 2nd of march brings my next appoiintment .wife will be with me she wont take any crap comes in handy when doris works for nhs ahe knows what and how to get answers

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I had the same troubles Popeye and no real proper help for the first few years but I've had a new lease of life since prescribed 'Flecainide'.  I hope they'll find a magic tablet for you too (maybe should ask about it...I found bisoprolol+asprin weren't enough on their own)

J

• Posted

Hi jess lets hope so carnt do aspirin ex ulcer sufferer if i was a horse they would shoot me never knocked work ever because i could not wake up
    • Posted

You're having a tough time of it Nigel......hang on in there!
    • Posted

Made my mind up today when we come home from holiday im looking for a change of career either driving or something i can do from home i know decoratings to hard for me now with this af, i also feel i have a novel in my mind daft or what
  • Posted

I feel crabby every morning with mine, abs exhausted, shame I too work for nhs I have to keep dragging myself into work don't want a sickness record 😒 it's awful isn't it 
    • Posted

Hi mazza i hate it making my working life very hard looking for a change after my jollys
  • Posted

I konw how you feel, last friday was my last day.... i too am working from home now, not quite sure what or how, but i seem to be the only manager, well joint manager, who will employ me... i have 5 books on the drift each gets added to now and again... go for it!!! and good luck remember to be positive about the things you can do and the things you cant, keep good memories of so you can tell others...
    • Posted

Yes and good luck to you andrew i feel my time as come for a change of direction
  • Posted

If you are on beta blockers like it sounds like  you will feel like a zombie with those,

don't think AF makes you feel like that at all, and don't let them put you on warfarin ,

there are anticoagulant tablets like Rivaroxaban for instance, I know I have got the tee shirt,

just had a pacemaker fitted and feel a different man,good luck.

• Posted

Cheers forcthat charles was on warfarin last year bit of a pain bleeding all the time and bloods at hospital 3 times a week go back on the 2nd going to see what they plan on doing cause feeling no different on bisopradol and still getting pain in chest feels like stitch my brother as a pacemaker and he says he feels better
    • Posted

Get off that beta blocker,they can't make you take it, loads of my friends and me had it at first but it's a killer, do they make you feel ill , I am on felaodopine for BP, predaxa instead of warfarin, (just two tabs a day,)

simvastin one at night. But keep off beta blockers,they ruined a complete year for me and my wife, was like a zombie,always tired, and generally felt

bloody awful

• Posted

Forgot,I had pacemaker fit in December,not felt so well in years
    • Posted

That about sums up how i feel charles been back on it for nearly aweek now and still tight chested out of breath and feel knackered nearly all the time toying with idea of getting my flecanides back out but unsure
  • Posted

Hi Popeye, Not too long now to your appointment. It's a good job you are taking 'the missus' along with you, I take a friend with me too, as soon as I get out of the doc's door it goes out of my head. Did you have permanent AF before? MIne was permanent AF, the sort that doesn't come and go, that's why I got a cardioversion. Yours sounds like the AF that comes and goes when it wants but you did have a cardioversion? They don't usually do those unless your heart is in abnormal rhythm all the time? Have you had warfarin before? I am on warfarin now, I don't find it a problem at all, no bleeding, but I don't have a physical job where I can get hurt so it's a bit easier. The only problem is you have to take care with eating the green stuff and of course you need to cut down on the beer/wine, bit of a bummer!! Hope you get sorted, only a week to go. Keep your chin up. Cheers.
    • Posted

Hi lankylass never had cardioversion went back into sinus rhythm then three weeks this sunday bam it started again every day since and as been constant since back on bisopradol ecg caught it so have to play it by ear i still have flecanide tabs from last time with over a week to go before i go back im toying with the idea of starting on them again but not sure if its safe so bloody annoying it was paradoxal to start but i feel its slipping more to persistent af i aint no medical expert but i know my own body carnt even tub walls down at work without knackering myself out its so frustrating grrr
    • Posted

Hi Popeye, Ah, I understand now. Perhaps when you see the GP in March, they will offer you an ablation! Don't know how you feel about one of those but my friend who seems to have the same sypmtoms of AF as you do was offered one by her GP a while ago. She is still considering having one although she has felt better since going on to Bisoprolol. She was on Flecanide and aspirin. A successful ablation should get rid of the AF and hopefully you can lead a normal life again. Quite a few people on this site have had them or are having them, Maggie has just posted she is having one on March 4th, someone she is talking to is also having one and they are 'comparing notes'. I'm sure they will sort you out. Cheers, have a good Sunday. 
    • Posted

Cheers for that lankylass i would have anythink that would give me back my life will keep all posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.