Af and cold/flu

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been suffering with a cold/flu for over a week now and my although i havent had any af events i feel like my heart rate is up and ive had a lot of chest / left shoulder / left rib cage pain and discomfort - im not on any regular meds but i still have some left over anti-arythmia and beta blocker meds left over, should i take one of each for a few days and see if things calm down a bit ? tia

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's a question to put to your doctor, not some blokes on the Internet.

I accept you may also get answers from some women on the Internet, you should ignore them as well and speak to your doctor.

• Posted

i figured it would be like the pill in the pocket approach and theyll be plenty of people on here that deal with af that way

• Posted

I agree it's a question for the doctor, who not only knows medicine but a lot more about your conditions, too.

OTOH, how high up is your heart rate?

Most people don't use beta blockers "as-needed", because once you're on you need to taper off.

It so happens that I do use them as-needed, but only a tiny dose, and unless you have that worked out ahead of time, probably not something to start on by yourself when also ill.

• Posted

would definitely recommend your seeing your doctor before u start medicating yourself

It's too serious for u to make these decisions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.