AF Episodes at Rest

Posted , 9 users are following.

For those of you who like me, have suffered AFib episodes only at night or while resting, I stumbled upon some information you may want to check out.  It' the Euro Heart Study.  In it, researchers found that vagal fibbers were more likely to progress to persistent Afib when treated with the wrong medication, namely beta-blockers.  Vagal afibbers seem to respond to Flecainide, brand name, Tambour.  It seems that most North American physicians are in denial that Vagal AFib plays a role.  I don't know about you but I am going to have a discussion with my cardiologist this week.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Greg,

I have had paroxismal afib for several years. It comes almost exclusively when I am sleeping. I have been trying to help control it by calming the Vagus nerve. (Massage and breathing techniques) and pro biotics to aid digestion.I am sure that the Vagus nerve plays a big part in my attacks and will be following this discussion with interest.

• Posted

I take Magnesium and Vitamin D3.  I am considering acupuncture as well.  I don't of any other medication I could try at this point.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.