Af has returned after cardiac ablation procedure

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

One month ago to the day I had a cardiac ablation procedure  carried out. Since the operation I have  had  none of the symptons of AF and it has been great. However, yesterday without any warning or  activity my heart started to beat out of sync and faster than normal. These were the issues I was having for the past 10 years before the operation.

Has anyone else experienced this as I was told it might happen and if it does then the cardiology team won't register it until 3 months after the op. It's still on going and has been for the past 24hrs although it isn't as bad now.

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How has your heart been since the first post simon ?? has it calmed down again , mine seems to be very up and down at the moment,  although I have not had tachy for the last 12 hours just all the missed beats
    • Posted

Hi Anna,

It's been just over a week now since I went back into AF. Unfortunately it's still continuing but not vigorously. I went to my GP who contacted my cardiologist. He suggested I went back onto my anticoagulation meds and increased my Bisoporol to 7.5 mg. This has eased my symptoms but I'm still in AF. I've just got to wait 6 weeks now to see my cardiologist in person to see what he says.

My heart is at a steady pace but remains out of sync.

• Posted

Poor you , I am still feeling rotten I have a couple of days where I dont feel to bad , I start doing things again as in clearing up and hoovering and then I am feeling rubbish again , Its driving me nuts , I am on week 8 after my ablation, hope they get something off this tape to find out whats happening . Just feel a little dispondant as I feel its not worked
  • Posted

Hello Simon, I had a PVI ablation on the 21st August. My EP.,told me that I may experience some irregulr beats until things settle down. Luckily I've not had any and have only had the odd bit of chest pain, which I

believe is also normal. I have to go back in 12 days to have a bubble

echocardiogram, to make sure the hole they punctured from the right

atriam into the left atriam has healed. Try not to worry about it,as you

have said they won't register it until afterv3 months. I presume that is

because this is the period after ablation when there could be a

reccurence of AF. If when you go back after 3 months for a check up

they don't find AF., on your ECG., then you should be ok. What

ablation procedure did you have? was it pulmonary vein isolation?

and did they use cryo-balloon ablation? Also have you got any other

health problems that could impact on your AF? I personally didn't

have any other health problems, just electrical rogue potentials, ie.,

AF. My consultant told me that he expects a successful outcome in

my case, as I'm very fit, although I'm 66 years old.

Regards John

• Posted

Hi from what I've read your heart rate can play up for up to 3 months due to the op and the healing and inflammation of the heart I had my ablationlast week and every time I eat it's races ATM was your op successful did the doctors confirm they had ablated the problem successfully?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.