AF, I have just come home from hospital having had palpations 177

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had a Echo Cardiogram, the Dr said my heart has enlarged, I am on Betta Blocks. Does this mean a heart attack to waiting

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had an enlarged heart for years, but it was only 3 years ago when I had clots on the lungs that it became a problem.  I now take beta blockers along with other medication.  Has had very little effect on my life.  So take heart and do not look for something that may never happen
  • Posted

Is you BP normal ? Hypertension over the years is often the cause of enlargement and controlling it can reduce it
    • Posted

I was on Bendroflumethiazide, but have been taken off, my blood pressure. Was too low
  • Posted

Hi there, try not to worry too much, my Mum had an enlarged heart for many years, she lived to 92 and didn't die from heart related problems! All the best and the best medicine is to keep calm and unstressed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.