Afib and food

Posted , 9 users are following.

What's the best things to eat and what are the things to avoid input always appreciated

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

In my opinion, so take it for what its worth, a low histamine diet. Its quite extensive, but easily followed, without much sacrifice. Just google "low histamine diet" and you will get a lot of information.

Frank  

• Posted

Eat Bananas, drink water and coconut water...Research vitamin supplements and  herbal products before you continue to use them! Watch caffeine input.
  • Posted

Best to consult a qualified nutritionist regarging what to eat and what to avoid.

My experience is that I take adequate vitamin C and multivitamins. I do not avoid green vegetables completely. Generally I eat in moderation. And I avoid miss taking my wafarin. All is well so far.

• Posted

For me, ANY tea, coffee, coke etc is banned, I drink lemon, ginger, hibiscus tea now, dont really like it but must have something to dip my biscuit in ! I dont have to buy supermarket food (farm) so this helps a lot, even tho sometimes its monotonous - beans beans and more beans - - haaa haaa
  • Posted

As far as I know grapefruit should be avoided when taking any heart related medication, I believe for the same reason as Ibruprofen and decongestants, it can alter the amounts of the medication your body absorbs.  I personally avoid eating too much sugar as I feel lousy after a sugar binge, I drink decaf tea/coffee and I limit it to only 1 or 2 a day. I don't drink any alcohol or fizzy drinks and I avoid artificial sweetner. I have found this has helped me a bit.  I also try not too overeat at anytime as my heart bangs away if i'm absolutely stuffed.  I have also heard very recently about the effects of vitamin K on people with heart problems, I don't eat huge amounts of brocolli etc but from now on when I do I will make sure it's not a large portion!  I find a healthy balance diet such as slimming world is a good one to follow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.