Afib meds side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone having problems with nail growth,I have gone from having to file my nails every few days or so as they were growing so quickly, but in the last 10  weeks they have stopped growing altogether my finger and toe nails. the end of my fingers are also swollen (look a bit like ET)

and I can't feel things or pick small items up.

Don't know if its meds induced or something else is going on (OH JOY)

L x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda, what afib meds are you taking?
    • Posted

Hi Marco,

I am on 1-25mg Bisoporol, and Warfarin.

L x

• Posted

Hi Linda, I don't know if I can answer your question, but I had a similar experience while I was on Bisoprolol. I've had a look at the contraindications on the leaflet in the packet, and although it doesn't mention nail growth, it does say that you will have cold fingers and toes. I assume this is because the heart is being held back by the medication so that the blood doesn't circulate as it should. Maybe this causes slow growth. I know that since coming off the med, my nails and hair have started to grow again, so maybe there's something in it.

All the best. Gwen x

• Posted

Thanks Gwen,

That is kind of reassuring, as I was told that your nails are an indication of your inner health. I was put on Bisoporol to slow heart rate not for my blood pressure as I have never had high blood pressure in my life, always before Bisoporol around 110/65 so perhaps the meds apart from loweing heart rate are lowering blood pressure even lower and that is why extremities are struggling, I will ask our local pharmacist who is excellent and see what she thinks.

Thanks again L xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.