Afib & NSAIDs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Fellow Afibbers,

As well as occasional bouts of Afib, I also have spells of chronic back pain, one of which I am in at the moment. Can anyone advise whether it is wise to take an NSAID such as Naproxen, or Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation/pain, or just stick to paracetamol.

I've heard that NSAID use can be detrimental to folk with any kind of arrhythmia.

Thanks

Sherpa Al

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you have Afib, don't take Naproxen or Ibuprofen, call your Doctor and get him to give you something, if you need something until you call him take  Extra Strength Tylenol. Naproxen can make your hear flutter.

• Posted

No don't take any anti inflammatory like iboprofen, my cardio says it's very bad for the heart and has been linked to AF

you have the choice of paracetamol or codeine unfortunately

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.