Afib still after ablation in 2013

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been told you were over abated? Also I have low blood pressure and beta blockers lower pressure. Anyone have suggestions?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I only asked if there was something out there that wouldn't lower bp because mine was low prior to ablation and U stated Im on atenolol. All good.
    • Posted

Also I haven't been put on any bloid thinners. Should I be?
    • Posted

Devin,

Your Atenolol is what they call a beta-blocker; it slows your heart rate.

Cartia is a blood thinner which is often taken with atenolol.  Cartia thins the blood, prevents clotting and reduces the risk of heart attack. 

A lot of people with AF or other heart problems take either asprin or cartia.  Cartia has a coating on it which  doesn't irritate the stomach lining like asprin does.  I take cartia as I have stomach ulcers and have found it doesn't affect my ulcers which is good.

• Posted

I guess I should look into that because Ive never been on one and in the meantime I'll take an.asprin. ty!
    • Posted

Yes, I would certainly ask your new cardiologist as most people with AF or heart problems seem to take asprin or cartia.
    • Posted

Thank u. Very good info. I am very sensative to meds so I take half. Seems like one of the best meds. Very helpful info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.