Afraid I’m Dying

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had mono for almost 2 months now. i was diagnosed a month ago. I've battled through and have started to regain some of my energy. I don't have fever, sore throat, etc anymore but I have so many other symptoms that I have convinced myself tonight that I have cancer. I feel bloated, my lower back still aches, the back of my neck hurts and is tired (like holding my head up is exhausting). And today I started with a shooting pain in my right side that happened a couple of times. I'm 47. is this perimenopause, cancer ... or could this really all be mono. i'm so scared.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its worth getting checked, but im coming into my third month with mono and i still have symptoms. you should get checked, but aching pains and fatigue are a symptom of mono. stay strong, it WILL get better

• Posted

it has sooooooo many symptoms and side effects rashes dizziness depression welts stiffines pain . im in month 19 all i can say to you is keep up with your bloodwork at least every 3 months . june my bloodwork was fine now my thyroid is off on most recent tests. ebv likes to attack thyroid .

and yes ebv can activate when your hormones drop i got it at 41 then 51.

try not to worry its ALL the virus ... but keep checking rest and dont stress.

• Posted

Hi Soachy 1972,

Mono is a really terrible illness, it really does make you feel like you are dying. I think it 's because even the worst flu it doesn't make you feel anything like this does, my first thought was this has to be something more sinister. I felt awful for months before turning the corner.

I drank green tea and took vitamin D and tried monolaurin and eventually recovered, I haven't forgotten this awful virus,. I come back to this forum to give encouragement to those going through it, as Craig and others did for me.

• Posted

please get tested soon, to avoid these types of confusions. Mental calmness is much needed when you are ill

• Posted

Hi,

I'm pushing 11 weeks and still have stubborn symptoms. From what I've read on this forum it's not unusual to have them for months on end (or potentially even years!). I still have muscle aches, joint pain, burning sensations, muscle twitches, loss of balance...so you're not alone, and having symptoms for this long or longer is very common.

Hope you feel better soon!

Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.