Afraid of MND

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everybody! I am 18 years old, I've moved to university in September. For the past 2 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms but I think they have roots in older symptoms. These older symptoms are:

• Visual snow/ faint pulsing movement in the vision since August-September 2017 (aura-like?) 24/7
  • Since January --> trembling hands, neck muscles on the right side are a bit smaller and then right leg also, asymmetrical smile, but it was quite slight (especially the smile) and no trouble

-and anxiety disorder/probs. stress-induced PCOS since I was a child (I had nice parents tho!)

The newer ones began with a chest tightness on the left side on a Monday. On the next day I was crossing my legs and found the right leg is very tight when I got up. I was afraid it's a PE. This is how it began u see 😦

Since then I have been seeing:

• I think both my legs are getting thinner, but my left leg is still the thicker one. They use to be so bulky because they are short. Stretch marks I'd not noticed before.
  • Twitches over the chest, not fascics though I don't think, more like a pulse
  • My SCM muscle in the neck I really think is thinner/ hard to see : ( It feels tight around there. I do stretch my tongue a lot to test. My speech feels a little off but I've had years when I psychosomatised hoarse/high voice out of anxiety so I'm not sure.
  • Thumb seems a bit thinner at the base. The fasciculations in the palm went away mostly, but I'm afraid the muscle there is thinner?
  • Constant sensation in my right leg, like it is extremely gently contracting and relaxing.
  • Foot cramps at certain times/positions
  • Ankle pain when I walk slowly but not really at other times?

I'm not too weak I think

I know some of these sound very anxiety-related, it's mostly the perceived wasting (I'm fairly certain of it in the neck) which I often look at : ( I have a doctor's appt. Thursday, at the previous appointment they didn't say it was not ALS but that it's very rare and I have no symptoms at the moment (muscle tone in the legs was good)

I worry my risk factors are: stress, inflammation if this is the source of my eye problems, also toxicity cuz I ate raw chocolate a week before the new onset not realising it can contain heavy metals : (

Thanks so much, hope you're all well too!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for typos in the above post!! I know I am young for it... just not sure how it will go.. sorry for how ambiguously I wrote it too : ( I can clarify anything no trouble xx

Relating to the SCM muscle, I feel I can't easily take a very deep breath?

• Posted

So, how did that GP appointment go for you?

• Posted

The best advice someone can give is let the past go. Wipe the slate clean and move onto better things. You will feel alot better if you let your bad past go. Renew your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.