Afraid of open spaces really need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I've been thru alot my 15 yrs alot of stress and family issues I've always had a feeling of unreality only sometimes my anxiety started to become really bad 8th grade year whenever I sat down I roll call for pe the ground felt like it was falling so I always stood up even on the open field it wasn't comfortable I never really talked about it because I didnt want my family to think I was using drugs or anything so a couple months past the anxiety was getting worse to the point where I stopped football practice one day I was coming from the park with a couple friends we needed up splitting up and out of knowhere I had a full blown panic attack it was hell so now it's hard for me to go places by myself I recently got diagnosed with minor agoraphobia minor gad disorder and minor social anxiety and depression I really need help to overcome this because I wanna play football again so bad I just wanna live life again PS I've been having this for about 4yrs

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There are times i become scared of open spaces. Do not let this panic attack stop you from doing what you love. I have done that in a lot of ways i let my anxieties stop me from doing a lot of stuff. 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Yeah I won't let it imma look into some breathing exercises I've heard that stress has a big effect on anxiety PS: do you know any exercises to stop negative thinking?

• Posted

I suffer from agoraphobia and as I'm told you have to make yourself go out at least once a week to start. Even if it's just for a walk. I'm now at about 12 years with it and if you isolate it'll only get worse, believe me. I can't do or go anywhere at the current time, expecaily without a safe person with me.

• Posted

Yeah I've heard about the exposure therapy I can go out with family the trouble is just by myself super markets clothing places etc also causes anxiety for me I'm trying really hard not to isolate myself and I'm really sorry that your going thru this madness thank-you for the tip I will look try.it

• Posted

that opposite for me when i go out with family my anxieties are up, when i am by myself i have some anxieties. 

There are times my anxieties keep me in my apartment like it did all week last week and this weekend 

I hardly went out unless i was with someone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.