Afraid to increase dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been 4 full weeks on 10mg and starting to feel a bit of improvement as of this past week . I am afraid to increase for fear of side effects and when I do it will just be by 5 mg increments. Does anyone feel the side effects with increases were at least better than initial ones due to med being at least a good amount into your system? I can handle all side effects except this shortness of breath that I cant seem to shake (that seems to be a rather rare side effect). I have a baby shower next weekend and new grandchild coming a few days after that. I am thinking it would be best to wait until after that for trying the increase?! Truly appreciate any responses and wishing everyone the best in this horrible journey!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    In my opinion 4 weeks is much to early to know if a increase is needed. You stated that you already started to feel a bit of improvement so possibly 10mg may do the trick. I personally after going through an increase myself would wait at least 8-12 weeks to see how you feel before deciding that. I took 10mg for 5 weeks, then increased to 20mg for the last 20 weeks and 20mg was just too much for me so I had to cut back again, and feel better for it. Anyway, I would wait to increase, give it a good 2-3 months before changing anything. As, I'm sure you read on here it can take a full 5-6 months sometimes to get everything completely leveled out and stable. I find that doctors too many times want to increase after 1 month and that just isn't enough time to know if that dose is right.

    Best Wishes!

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Well said and very appreciated! I had kinda been thinking that but your post was very reassuring! My doctor started me on 20 mg and I had to decrease after week 1 as it was absolutely too much! He thought I should increase a couple weeks ago again! Although he did say a full 6 weeks(at least) is needed to get to a peak level .My doctor is great but as has been said-we know our bodies more than anyone! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Totally agree with Grounded. I really think 4 weeks is too soon to increase the dose. I would give it at least 2 months perhaps longer to allow your system to adjust this this med. Having said that now that I'm on the dose that suits me I'm glad I stuck with it - the side effects for me were really bad but thats all over now and I'm now able to live my life.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up