After 1 month remission I am sick again with nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a long history of stomach problems. I did not do an endoscopy but from the symptoms and other information I gave my doctor, he suspects gastritis. The gastritis worried me to the point where i developed anxiety and possibly IBS. I was put on omeprazole. Sometimes I would have long remission periods and would stop taking the omeprazole thinking I'm doing better and everything is ok....then I would get a flare up. I had a horrible flare up on April 1st. Went back on the omeprazole and have been better since....until this morning. Woke up feeling kind of anxious and nervous and now I'm nauseous. I just had stomach cramps and passed some soft stool. To be honest I've been dealing with extreme stress lately due to a relationship issue. I did not eat on time over the weekend and skipped a day of taking the omeprazole. Now I feel sick. I just drank some antacid so hoping for relief. My question is, how long does omeprazole take to work? If i stay on it for a solid month or 2 should that cure me? What would you guys recommend for IBS? I read that Buscopan is good. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Buscopan....but main thing is anxiety and stress...stay away from them... i know easier said then done... but the key is to stay calm....
  • Posted

Hi

Yeah i was takeing buscapan pan cramps for a while and it cleared up but i had it for a good 2-3months and now i suffer a bit from anxiety which goes hand in hand with ibs im alot better but that little anxiety black cloud is in background😉

I too was Omeprazole and it takes about 2 weeks to build up in your system but i felt better in a a few days, but i still take them at moment because of my mild anxiety i have now grrrrrrr😕?

Peppermint tea for ibs helps

Hot water bottle

Hot bath and submerge stomach

Camomile tea for Anxiety

Both require u to get out excersise or weights is very good and eat but watch what your eating

Banana and ginger works (ginger nuts)

Hope the helps

• Posted

Thank you so much. I use a lot of bananas and ginger. I hope you are well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.