After 18 years I found what triggered mine!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just as the title says, I lived with HS for 18 years. I tried several things over the years including cleaning techniques, medicines and food eliminations. Nothing worked and the emotional turmoil was too much. And like many doctors would recommend things but nothing changed. OK so I'll get to my poison! This past January 2017, I really started feeling like sugar was my cause. I had tried illuminating other foods in the past but to no avail. I can't quite explain the feeling except it was so strong like my body was telling me sugar was the culprit. So I began to take notes and sure enough every time I eat any processed sugar such as candy, ice cream or sugary drink , BAM an outbreak. Immediately once I cut sugar out absolutely nothing!! Here I am seven months later and I have not had an outbreak period! And I've never had a period without them! So sure enough this is my cause! And trust me not eating donuts or ice cream is the least of my concern because I've never been so free in my life. I feel like I actually have my life back! So some specifics for myself I can eat any fruit and be just fine. And if I buy a food item if it's a less then 8g I'm fine! So I can still have most foods and just a lot more cautious now and hey the idea of not eating white sugar just means that I'm going to be healthier in the long run anyways! Now I don't know if this will work for everyone because I've read people finding their trigger and various foods but if I can help anyone out that would just make my day now I don't know if this will work for everyone because I've read people finding their trigger and various foods but if I can help anyone out that would just make my day, week, and years to come! I know how horrible this is and I will have scars for the rest of my life but not having the emotional turmoil anymore is worth everything!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for writing this! You are right on about sugar (refined sugar). My health has improved so much since I stopped using it!!! I don't think people realize how this stuff effects them. 

• Posted

Hi Sarah! This is really interesting, thanks for sharing. I was just wondering what you eat when you're craving junk food or a sweet treat. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.