After 20 days of Urethrotomy still blood coming

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had road accident in 2007 and had end to end urethroplasty. Then in 2016 I was diagnosed with urethral stricter. I had laser Urethrotomy in 2017. Now it has been 20 days after the operation still a small amount of blood comes at the end of urination. There is no pain and burning. But sometimes I have to urinate 6 to 7 times a day. I don't know what is the problem. Is it infection or failure of the operation? Please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would check with your doctor.  It could be a infection but remember it's only been 20 days.  Why did they do a end to end.  I would never have that done.  I have a stricture just before the prostate.  You can loose some inches that way..  Take care  Ken 

• Posted

I've been dealing with strictures for the last year, so it's no fun.  If you are younger (about everyone is younger than me),  you may want to look for a doctor who does nothing but urethroplasty surgeries.  I know of one such center in Irvine, CA.

I know that a lot of strictures result from car and bike accidents, so your end-to-end procedure was most likely the right and necessary procedure for you in 2007.   I recently had a urethrotomy that was done with a Olympus plasma loop.  So far, the result has been good.

Contact your doctor about your concerns.  It may be that they are normal for the procedure you had.  And good luck in your battle with strictures.

Glenn

• Posted

Hi Glenn,

I live in Irvine and seeking a top doc for stricture issues.  Who is the doctor and center you were referring to?

Thank you Glenn

• Posted

Phil,

I sent you a PM so that I could include a link.

Glenn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.